Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow... A surprise... Andy Pollie

bubba9497

Originally posted by bubba9497

:rotflmao: yeah you were right

So what do you think this does for Pierce and Smoot now, they see Chris maybe top 10 OT getting paid more then many, they are going to want more and might have to pay Smoot 14 million now and originally they woudn't.

Plus Jansen, might say hold on there, I am better then him what about me :(

I have hopes that at least one of the two (Pierce and Smoot) will be resigned...

Gibbs' has come out and said that Smoot was a true Redskin and that we wouldn't be making as much noise this free agency....I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign him.

Originally posted by jbooma

So what do you think this does for Pierce and Smoot now, they see Chris maybe top 10 OT getting paid more then many, they are going to want more and might have to pay Smoot 14 million now and originally they woudn't.

Based on reports ... I didn't see where Smoot signed for less than a 14M signing bonus. Smoot hasn't signed, so we don't know what he would have or would not have done and we don't know what his mind set is here.

1) Booma, lay off the crack, its bad for your heart.

2) If we can manuever a trade with a signing bonus giveback and still fit under the cap this year, the cap impact in 2006 would be absolutely enormous. Not only would his 7 million projected 2006 cap number be wiped off the books, but we would get a cap credit of another 5 million. :rubeyes:

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

1) Booma, lay off the crack, its bad for your heart.

2) If we can manuever a trade with a signing bonus giveback and still fit under the cap this year, the cap impact in 2006 would be absolutely enormous. Not only would his 7 million projected 2006 cap number be wiped off the books, but we would get a cap credit of another 5 million. :rubeyes:

If that is the case then that is great. See bubba this is all you had to say :D

They are becoming increasingly annoying. Andy used to be the chill one, but now all of a sudden he has this kind of arrogant air about him. It's one thing to take a controversial position, it's another thing to uninformed when doing so. They just talk out of the side of their necks.

Originally posted by Avg Joe

They are becoming increasingly annoying. Andy used to be the chill one, but now all of a sudden he has this kind of arrogant air about him. It's one thing to take a controversial position, it's another thing to uninformed when doing so. They just talk out of the side of their necks.

There is bad blood between the Skins and 980 for whatever reason.

I hope beyond hope that Z104 does go all sports and finishes off what has to be one of the worst sports radio stations in the country.

WTEM has stunk from the first minute it went on the air and the problems can all be laid at the feet of Andy Pollin. He's been with the station as its program director since the get go and the programming as always svcked.

I've listen to the Chicago sports radio stations every time I'm in the city and they criticize their teams but they do it constructively and without rumor and speculation.

I was listening to WTEM yesterday and it was mentioned that Joe Gibbs was never quoted as saying "If a player doesn't want to be here then he won't be here."

When they asked Andy Pollin if he had ever seen or heard Joe Gibbs say anything to that effect he had to admit that he hadn't but yet he's one that's guilty, quoting Gibbs as saying that.

They take rumor and unnamed sources and run with it like it's fact, just like the rumor about our trying to sign Rolle to a contract with a $15 million signing bonus.

To me he's worse than Lenny P. when it comes to bashing the 'skins.

This is they guy that has either run out of town or refused to pay for talent. That's why WTEM lost Miller and why he ran Kiley and the Coach out of town. He's the same one that brought us The Fabulous Sports Babe and Jim Rome and gave Ric "Doc" Walker and Al Koken their own show to replace Kiley and Booms and then when that failed he teamed them up with John Thompson.

He also failed when he tried to impersonate "The Sports Junkies" with a show similar to theirs. Let's not forget having Don Imus in the morning on a sports station. Andy Polin is the absolute worst.

He's also the guy that takes shots at an institution in this city, Ken Beatrice.

The best thing they have on that station is Tony K and he even ruins that by being on that show as well as the sports reporters.

:puke:

Archived