Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network: 2000 Redskins Highlights

MaddogCT

Originally posted by Warhead36

After we started 6-2 that year I made a bet with my friend that we were going all the way. :(

Weren't we 6-2 heading to Arizona. Stephen Davis fumbled going into the end zone and Aeneas Williams returned the ball like 102 yards for a TD. That's also the game the dreaded Kris Heppner experiment blew up in our face and we ended up losing the game. I think we beat the Rams in the Dome the following week on Monday night with Boy George but proceeded to fall apart down the stretch and Norv got the boot.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

garg, I think we were 6-2 going into our MNF game vs. Tennessee.

I remember watching Rolle take an INT back 80+ yards for a TD as time ran out in the first half. The play took about 25 minutes and a lot of our players gave up on it.

You're right. We lost to the Titans on Monday night and THEN went to Arizona and lost 16-15 (dropping our record to 6-4). We beat the Rams in St. Louis to get to 7-4 but then lost 4 straight, during which time Johnson got yanked and Norv got fired.

Originally posted by garg8050

You're right. We lost to the Titans on Monday night and THEN went to Arizona and lost 16-15 (dropping our record to 6-4). We beat the Rams in St. Louis to get to 7-4 but then lost 4 straight, during which time Johnson got yanked and Norv got fired.

i flew out to az for that sorry game. we had tix at the 25 or 30 yard line, behind the skins bench FOURTH ROW and paid less than 40 dollars. i didn't see a cards fan until we got into the stadium. nothing but 'skins jerseys lining the streets and bars.

i bought some homemade skins sticker from some 'skins fans that were tailgating. i still have it.

but that game was the worst. aeneas williams' fumble recover was like 106 yds, at the time it was the longest ever.

Originally posted by garg8050

Weren't we 6-2 heading to Arizona. Stephen Davis fumbled going into the end zone and Aeneas Williams returned the ball like 102 yards for a TD. That's also the game the dreaded Kris Heppner experiment blew up in our face and we ended up losing the game. I think we beat the Rams in the Dome the following week on Monday night with Boy George but proceeded to fall apart down the stretch and Norv got the boot.

We set the record in the Arizona game for having over 400 yards of offense and holding the cardinals under 200 yards and still losing, only time it's ever happened in NFL history.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Man, what a downward spiral!!

I can't believe the game we won was AT the RAMS!!

kinda seemed like a trademark for that team... win all the games you shouldn't and lose the ones you should win.

Archived