Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2005

jnova

ok FIRST off i just wanna say that xbox sucks for madden 05 i love the gameplays and the ability points are much better but the graphics are ****. really **** there are many other things that are good on it though for instance i love the radio show its great. I love the naming team captians. But i have one question in the game (keep in mind i havn't done the update from the net) they have cooley as a 5? i think that he should be harder but i dont know wut. Taylor is an 83 i think thats ok but i wanted higher so i made him an 85, Bowen needs to be higher as well on this game i think that he is a really good strong side safety. not just an 82 you know wut i mean he deserves to be a 90 i think neway. any comments on wut cooley should be?

:wewantd: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :point2sky

I have both Madden 2005 and ESPN 2k5 and think ESPN is much, much better. Basically EA got lazy and everyone knows it -- more people bought ESPN for X-box than they did Madden; it's one of the reasons EA paid mad money to get an exclusive deal with the NFL.

Until this year I always loved Madden and hope the folks at EA really put out a great game next year. Because once I got used to 2K5, and it took some time, I never wanted to play Madden 2005 again.

2k5 Just had too much of an arcade feel for me, I preferred Madden, but I'm also playing on the PS2. Madden obviously has serious flaws, some of which 2k5 addressed. For example:

1) Madden should follow ESPN's example and allow the player to choose which aspect of the play to challenge. It's also retarded in my opinion that at this point in Madden's development you can't challenge whether a quarterback's arm was moving forward, only if he was down by contact.

2) Pass interference and intentional grounding need to be called properly. My roommate and I have been playing Madden with the Pass Interference setting all the way up since we got it in August and haven't even seen one penalty yet. There are too many instances of interference and illegal picks that go uncalled.

I played against someone who scrambled out of the pocket about 30 yards behind the line, chucked the ball and it landed behind the line with no receiver in sight, but he wasn't flagged. That should be a relatively easy fix.

3) Madden should also follow ESPN's example and allow the corners to play in an inside or outside technique in addition to just playing press coverage or playing back. I want to be able to take away the middle of the field early and the sidelines later in the game.

Jnova,

Are you saying ps2 Ma.05 has better graphics than xbox ma. 05?!!?!?

:insane:.....

I have both AND I have 2003 on my computer........Xbox is the best system for madden overall.......

As for espn....eh.....I don't like it ......Does it have the custom playbook option?.....If so I may try it again.......

are the online updates you're talking about the official EA roster updates through XBox Live? Do they correct things like players out of position like pierce (listed ROLB) and bowen (listed FS)?

also, what would you guys rate ryan clark? unfortunately, i was studying abroad in italy all fall and only got to see one game, but would you say he had a quality season and will be a good backup in the future, or was he strictly a holdover for the injured bowen? he was only a 2nd year pro, no?

Originally posted by dfitzo53

2k5 Just had too much of an arcade feel for me, I preferred Madden, but I'm also playing on the PS2. Madden obviously has serious flaws, some of which 2k5 addressed. For example:

1) Madden should follow ESPN's example and allow the player to choose which aspect of the play to challenge. It's also retarded in my opinion that at this point in Madden's development you can't challenge whether a quarterback's arm was moving forward, only if he was down by contact.

2) Pass interference and intentional grounding need to be called properly. My roommate and I have been playing Madden with the Pass Interference setting all the way up since we got it in August and haven't even seen one penalty yet. There are too many instances of interference and illegal picks that go uncalled.

I played against someone who scrambled out of the pocket about 30 yards behind the line, chucked the ball and it landed behind the line with no receiver in sight, but he wasn't flagged. That should be a relatively easy fix.

3) Madden should also follow ESPN's example and allow the corners to play in an inside or outside technique in addition to just playing press coverage or playing back. I want to be able to take away the middle of the field early and the sidelines later in the game.

Let me add one more to your list.

4) Illegal touch needs to be called. I can't recall how many times Ive seen a catch near the sideline or in the back of the endzone where the receiver clearly steps out of bounds before he comes back in to catch the ball. Not allowed to do that.

5) The idea of ejections may need to be looked at. When you play a pissed off human opponent who purposely keeps running into your kicker ON PURPOSE just for the thrill (and in some cases even INJURING, yes, injuring the kicker) it really pisses you off, cause the only get penalized for what, a few yards on the kickoff? And that gives them an automatic starting point of at least the 20, cause it's gonna go out of the endzone.

6) I would like to see receiver out-in routes. Ya know, the routes where the receiver runs upfield and cuts out (or in) and sidesteps toward the opposite direction. It's a hard route to stop in real life and is almost automatic.

Archived