Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Pats the most unspectacular "dynasty" ever?

NoCalMike

Their first Super Bowl was the most impressive. The Rams were one hellofa team that year. I still can't believe the Pats won that game.

The Pats are the best in the NFL right now, but I think that they wouldn't have stood a chance against the 90's Cowboys or 80's 49ers (or a Skins team or two).

Thanks Henry, I was going to point out that the Patriots are probably about as unspectacular as the 60s Packers or 70s Steelers.

The 80s and early 90s saw an era when the disparity of money really allowed some teams to be MUCH better than the others. That is why you saw the 49ers, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, etc. just stomp on teams.

I think the toughest teams to beat are the ones that beat you down with consistency.

The Colts reminded me of a team that could have won a SB by a blowout margin, but we saw what happened when they played NE.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

I guess I'm not expressing what I mean to say very well. It is nothing SHORT of spectacular that ANY team in just about ANY sport can win 3 out of 4 Championships. What is UNspectacular about the Patriots is their game play & talent. They don't do anything really...special, aside from win. No trickery, no really big names (or superstars) like Moss or TO. Just a team that consistantly wins. If I had the choice between a team full of superstars or a team that was less talented, but played like a team, I would choose the latter.

Allright, here is the bottom line assesment on the Patriots.

Now, I have seen every Patriots game since 93', when I travel or if I was working on Sundays, I'd tape the game, I go to Gillette about 3 times a year. (I'm also a skins fan and Gibbs supporter, but I hate Snyder)

The Patriots players believe in their coach, they play as a team and they live their life as a team. They trust each other, they work the hardest and they are smart. What BB has created in NE is something quite remarkable, a team that gets better each year.

They lose players, and it doesn't effect them. Last year they had the highest number of games lost due to injury, yet they still won the SB. This year, they lost BOTH Ty Law (the best cover corner in the league) AND Ty Poole their other starting CB, yet they still win. What they are doing is nothing short of spectacular, and they are doing it without big name players.

The Patriots put winning above everything else in the organization. They will NOT do anything detremental to winning. If you make too much money, you get cut. If you don't play up to snuff, you get cut. If you do ANYTHING to lose, you will get called out and you will not like it. It is a business, and the Patriots are in the business of winning championships. If you don't like it their way, fine go play for somebody else, no loss, just ask Lawyer Milloy.

Every single player is humble, they will never talk before a game about another team, they ALWAYS call the other teams great to the point of ridiculuousness. They play football hard, they study all the time and they work their ASS off all year round to be where they are.

Here is a good example, at 9:00 on Saturday night two hours before curfue, Brady called Weis up to his hotel room. He wanted to go over a few plays with him and some things they might want to change is certain situations. It's just one example of the greatness of Brady, who in my opiniuon is one of the best all time. I actually think many will be compared to Brady once he retires as in "do you think he's as good as Brady?"

In his first five years he has three SB rings. Three!!!! YES!!!!!!

As a fan, I am just completely enjoying the ride. For some strange reason, right after 9-11, Boston sports changed for ever. In the past three years I have had the luck to watch my favorite teams win championships.

Now, these were not only championships, but ones to remember. The first one over the Rams was incredible, the Brady drive at the end was awsome. I ran outside of my buddies house and all I heard after Vinitari's kick was cheering from house. It was freakin awsome. . . since then, in the last 370 days I have watched my favorite football team win another dramatic last second SB win, my favorite baseball team do the unthinkable. The way the Sox won was just soooo freakin awsome, you have to be a Sox fan to understand what the Yankees series meant to us as fans, it just HAD to happen that way, it was so surreal, so perfect. Now we get to watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl again. I am utterly walking on air right now. I could smoke some killer skunk and I wouldn't be as high as I am right now. I have watched the bad times and I have seen the entire sport come full circle, but I am thoroughly enjoying this to no end. I will be at the "rolling rally" tomorrow, as I was for the sox. It just doesn't get any better then this when you watch a sports fan.

I am at the pinnacle, and I can only go down, I know this and I truly understand this, so I am enjoying every single moment of it.

Here is where I am right now!!!

:cloud9:

:point2sky

Originally posted by chomerics

Allright, here is the bottom line assesment on the Patriots.

Now, I have seen every Patriots game since 93', when I travel or if I was working on Sundays, I'd tape the game, I go to Gillette about 3 times a year. (I'm also a skins fan and Gibbs supporter, but I hate Snyder)

The Patriots players believe in their coach, they play as a team and they live their life as a team. They trust each other, they work the hardest and they are smart. What BB has created in NE is something quite remarkable, a team that gets better each year.

They lose players, and it doesn't effect them. Last year they had the highest number of games lost due to injury, yet they still won the SB. This year, they lost BOTH Ty Law (the best cover corner in the league) AND Ty Poole their other starting CB, yet they still win. What they are doing is nothing short of spectacular, and they are doing it without big name players.

The Patriots put winning above everything else in the organization. They will NOT do anything detremental to winning. If you make too much money, you get cut. If you don't play up to snuff, you get cut. If you do ANYTHING to lose, you will get called out and you will not like it. It is a business, and the Patriots are in the business of winning championships. If you don't like it their way, fine go play for somebody else, no loss, just ask Lawyer Milloy.

Every single player is humble, they will never talk before a game about another team, they ALWAYS call the other teams great to the point of ridiculuousness. They play football hard, they study all the time and they work their ASS off all year round to be where they are.

Here is a good example, at 9:00 on Saturday night two hours before curfue, Brady called Weis up to his hotel room. He wanted to go over a few plays with him and some things they might want to change is certain situations. It's just one example of the greatness of Brady, who in my opiniuon is one of the best all time. I actually think many will be compared to Brady once he retires as in "do you think he's as good as Brady?"

In his first five years he has three SB rings. Three!!!! YES!!!!!!

As a fan, I am just completely enjoying the ride. For some strange reason, right after 9-11, Boston sports changed for ever. In the past three years I have had the luck to watch my favorite teams win championships.

Now, these were not only championships, but ones to remember. The first one over the Rams was incredible, the Brady drive at the end was awsome. I ran outside of my buddies house and all I heard after Vinitari's kick was cheering from house. It was freakin awsome. . . since then, in the last 370 days I have watched my favorite football team win another dramatic last second SB win, my favorite baseball team do the unthinkable. The way the Sox won was just soooo freakin awsome, you have to be a Sox fan to understand what the Yankees series meant to us as fans, it just HAD to happen that way, it was so surreal, so perfect. Now we get to watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl again. I am utterly walking on air right now. I could smoke some killer skunk and I wouldn't be as high as I am right now. I have watched the bad times and I have seen the entire sport come full circle, but I am thoroughly enjoying this to no end. I will be at the "rolling rally" tomorrow, as I was for the sox. It just doesn't get any better then this when you watch a sports fan.

I am at the pinnacle, and I can only go down, I know this and I truly understand this, so I am enjoying every single moment of it.

Here is where I am right now!!!

:cloud9:

:point2sky

ok...I'm not sure if you are arguing with me or agreeing with me. :whoknows:

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

ok...I'm not sure if you are arguing with me or agreeing with me. :whoknows:

Actually, I just picked the point to give my opinion. The Pats DO have stars, you just don't know them because they don't hype themselves. They aren't self-promoters like one Mr. Freddie Mitchell.

You should ask Freddy why Mr. Harrisson had more catches from Mr. McNabb then him. . . He's "got something" for Rodney, please, what a carnival freak. . .

I just wish John Kasay didn't kick the ball out of bounds in Superbowl XXXIIX.(how? especially with like a minute and fifteen seconds left) Might have changed the outcome of many things. Dynasty discussions might not of even happened today.

Go Skins!

Go Panthers!

Originally posted by FlyinO

I just wish John Kasay didn't kick the ball out of bounds in Superbowl XXXIIX.(how? especially with like a minute and fifteen seconds left) Might have changed the outcome of many things. Dynasty discussions might not of even happened today.

Go Skins!

Go Panthers!

If John Kasay. . .

If the tuck rule. . .

If we didn't have Kordel Stewart. . .

If Payton Manning didn't throw ints. . .

If Big Ben didn't throw three picks. . .

When do all these ifs stop adding up and people admitting they're watching a great team. We are watching a team which plays as a team, one where the sum as a whole is greater then the individual parts.

Actually, keep on saying things like this, it's worked for you so far. . .

Originally posted by footballhenry

wow...this thread is dumb...i mean sorry i dont care HOW you win it, but if you win three superbowls out of 4 yrs, thats amazing...give credit where its due....also they had to GET to the superbowl all these yrs too....they ARE a great dynasty, most definitely better than the cowboy dynasty

Look, we're Skins fans here, but there's no way they are better than the Cowboys dynasty. Are you insane?

That O-line, that D-line rotation the teams they beat(Green Bay and San Fran) to get there.

Huh?

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

I disagree, Iggy.

Look at who the NFC East Champs defeated 4 times in the 90s.

QB: Jim Kelly

HB: Thurman Thomas backup Ken Davis

FB: Carwell Gardner

TE: Keith McKellar

OL: House Ballard, Kent Hull, Glenn Parker, Will Wolford

WR: Andre Reed, James Lofton

DL: BRUCE SMITH

LB: Darryl Talley, Cornelius Bennett

DB: Nate Odomes Mark Kelso

Spec Teams: Steve Tasker(one of the greatest of all time for spec teams)

And except for the Giants game, the Bills got KILLED in the Bowl. And that Bills team had more talent and HoF potential players than the Eagles.

Ghost, look at the quality wins by the Cowboys and the Pats. . . The 92 boys were 6-2 against quality opponents, the 04 Pats were 10-1. THe Boys of 92 played against teams with a winning % of .774 (41-12) this team played against teams with a winning % of .846 44-8.

In the three playoff runs by the Boys, they faced 41-12, 35-17 and 37-16 records. The Pats faced 41-11, 41-13, 44-8.

If you wipeout end of the season games, the record is even more disparaging. THe Colts went 12-4 (12-2 vs the rest of the nfl in meaningful games) The Steelers were 16-2 (14-1 against the rest of the league in meaningful games and the Eagles were 15-4 (15-1 against the rest of the NFL in a meaningful game)

This means the Pats faced compitition that was 41-4 against the rest of the NFL in meaningful games.

Note: meaningful games are games in which the outcome of the game can determine playoff seeding. THe Eagles and Colts both lost games when their playoff spot was clinched andf their game position was clinched.

Archived