Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I before M cost Monk the Hall....

Originally posted by Park City Skins

I don't know Dane. Just like you to candy coat things. I really think you should try to be more direct with him in your e-mail. ;)

Oh...and tell him under no circumstance can he come and mow your lawn. :silly:

If Zimmerman shows up on my lawn, I don't care if he brought me a spanking new John Deere, I'm still taking out my Savage rifle and claiming he was an imminent danger to my family.

Oops, did I just say that out loud?

This is a joke, right? I mean, let's take the third grade approach and do things in alphabetical order.

I'm speechless. Really.

That Micheal "Do you know who I am?" Irvin is even spoken in the same breath as Art Monk is disgusting

Originally posted by TheDane

Oops, did I go too far:

Submitted by TheDane to Zimmerman:

How DARE you say the following:

"Monk was hurt by Michael Irvin being eligible this year. It's done alphabetically, and Irvin was presented before Monk. I think that really hurt him."

How dare you. Put aside the fact that Art Monk deserves to be in the Hall. You are supposed to be an objective voter for the institution that honors the game's greats. Yet you admit to being swayed by alphabetism? How dare you. You admit not only to being biased, but also being a complete and utter moron.

I am making it my mission to (a) have you fired from Sports Illustrated; (B) have you removed from the selection committee; and © have you sued for something.

P.S., you're an arrogant fool and I hope your ugly kids hate you, and your wife cheats on you.

I've got one thing to say to you Dane.

I love you.

Seriously :)

Originally posted by TheDane

If Zimmerman shows up on my lawn, I don't care if he brought me a spanking new John Deere, I'm still taking out my Savage rifle and claiming he was an imminent danger to my family.

Oops, did I just say that out loud?

You do that. I'll take care of Queen by mailing him 50 one foot sub pork sandwiches, with extra, extra mayo, pepperoni, salami, and dressing.

God help either one of these a$$holes if they ever do a USO tour in Afghanistan or Iraq and I'm around.

Originally posted by Tarhog

I love you.

I knew love once. Now, it's consumed by anger and hatred.

So angry.

Sarge, I couldn't find email addresses so I did the only thing I could find:

Peter King (he's so fat and stupid): http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/02/04/king.branch/index.html - go 2/3 the way down to "Mailbag"

"Doctor" Z (doctor in what, exactly): http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/01/28/drz.super.bowl.memories.part3/index.html - go 1/3 the way down to "Mailbag"

If anyone has any better ideas, help me out.

Next, I'm going to email Clayton, Mort, Kirwan, Pasquarelli and tell them to write up their thoughts on Alphabetical Bias.

On second thought, not Pasquarelli.

Okay in order for things to work out Art next year 1 of 2 things has to happen.

1)We petition that players go in alphabetical order according to their 1st name

2) Art has to change his last name to soemthng that starts with the letter "A" otherwise he'll never get in with this kind of logic.

So now not only do voters hold it against Art that he didn't have a "signature catch" in his carreer but now he has the (basiically) the wrong last name. :doh:

Mo$t Valuable Interview

Favorite Super Bowl interview -- 1977 in Pasadena, Raiders vs. Vikings. Make that most valuable interview. I'm in Phil Villapiano's room one afternoon. Those were the days when you could interview players anywhere at all. My Jersey buddy and all his paisans are there, sitting around, eating hero sandwiches, drinking sodas and beer.

"Hey, you ever bet on games?" says Phil, the Raiders' outside linebacker.

"I can't ... it wouldn't be professional," I told him.

"C'mon ... you work for the New York Post, and I know the guys on that paper bet their asses off." Which, of course, was true. Our sports editor, for instance, was a huge investor. So I told him, yeah, there was action in that office.

"Well, do 'em all a favor and tell 'em to put the house on us," Phil said. "No way we won't cover 6 1/2."

I thanked him and so did the guys on the Post. Final score: Raiders 32, Vikes 14. Valuable interview, huh?

and he's a crook also......

It's official: the Hall of Fame is f_cking useless.

The fact that "dr." z would even write something like this unbelievable. Is that a joke? If it's the truth AND he would actually ADMIT to this, then that is SHOCKING....

Steve Young REALLY must have been great to get in this year, with his last name beginning with "Y". :rolleyes:

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

SI.COM: How about Art Monk?

Dr. Z: Monk was hurt by Michael Irvin being eligible this year. It's done alphabetically, and Irvin was presented before Monk. I think that really hurt him.

That is the most asinine, lame, ridiculous, lazy excuse I've EVER heard in my life! :cuss: How in the heck does the spelling of their NAMES have anything to do with their abilities on the field? I'm almost wondering if that's a joke...is it a joke? You have GOT to be kidding me.

CHANGE THE WAY HALL OF FAMERS ARE SELECTED NOW PLEASE!!

I find the mention that King shouted down others who were trying to make a point about a particular player very interesting.

In a previous article about why he wasn't voting for Monk, King wrote that he wasn't the gatekeeper on keeping Monk out. Then Zimmerman writes this? Seems to me that King is at least TRYING to act like a gatekeeper. I willing to bet King wants Carson in, and is holding Monk hostage to get Carson in.

Plus, the mention that Monk did not like to interviews to the national media is something that I think is defintely a reason Monk is not in. Guys like Swann and James Lofton(who work in the media) got voted in over Monk and I am sure that what they were aided by that.

Archived