Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jon Jansen's Agent Denies Any Talk Of Extension

According to CPND, Rick Smith, Jon Jansen's agent, has denied that the 'Skins have been, as reported by the Post, talking to him about an extension. CPND is also reporting that Jansen is irked at not beein approached to extend his contract.

Oh well . . .

That's funny. Jansen's agent is quoted in the Post.

"We haven't really talked about specifics yet," said Jansen's agent, Mark Bartelstein. "He's one of the best offensive linemen in the league, so I'm sure they'd like to get something done as soon as they could. We have an open mind. We have to sit back and see how this thing plays out. He's just focusing on going in and having another great year."

The Post reported the opening of talks. Tell CPND to publish the quotes so we can see what was said because, he was quoted in the Post and didn't say the team didn't talk to him and seemed to indicate the team had, but hadn't gotten into details yet. And, find out which of Jansen's agents, the Post's Bartelstein or CPND's Smith, is the real agent.

One thing to note . . . the Post refers to a "Mark Bartelstein" being Jansen's agent . . . CPND's article, however, refers to a "Rick Smith" . . . hmmmm . . . maybe Jansen has two agents or spokespersons and maybe that's an explanation for the different stories . . . who knows?

Here's the article . . . it does contain quotes . . . but again, it's from a guy named Rick Smith and not Mark Bartelstein, who the Post quotes . . . go figure . . . like I said, maybe Jansen's got two guys working for him and the 'Skins have only spoken to one of 'em . . . we can only hope that's the case . . .

Jansen's agent denies report

By Warpath staff

Date: May 3, 2002

...Contrary to a published report in The Washington Post, no talks have begun.

''There's no truth to the story,'' Smith (cited as Jansen's agent) told The Journal Newspapers. ''There's nothing going on.''

**rest of article deleted by request of copyright owner**

Ok, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Mark Bartelstein is the head of Bartelstein & Associates. Smith is an associate or partner. My call is I'll listen to the guy the agent firm is named after as he's quoted in the Post rather than the guy who works for that guy in the Journal :).

Beat me to it Art . . . Smith and Bartelstein are both agents for Priority Sports & Entertainment in Chicago . . . maybe the 'Skins did in fact talk to Bartelstein instead of Smith and maybe the Post spoke with Bartelstein and CPND talked just to Smith . . .

Interesting . . .

Whoa. Now if this isn't a classic case of the left not knowing what the right is doing. I'm not so sure Mr. Smith read the post article. It doesn't seem the best of ideas to say that one of your partners has no clue. Oooops. Certainly this type of ,(public),confusion isn't the best way to impress those to whom one has dealings with.

A quote in the Journal newspapers really shouldn't be a Premium article. Hell, I can click on the Journal's web site and see that for free. Sheesh, Ratty, we try to keep your premium stuff off the board and all, but, that looked like a simple rehash of a story he got writing for the Journal so we had no idea. Sorry.

:lol:

No Dave, there sure won't.

I am a bit stumped on the two different agents though.

I sure hope this renegotiation gets done before FA period next offseason though. Jansen is awesome, and I am not sure why the team would want to let him get away.

What if he goes to the Eagles or Cows? :gus:

Archived