Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salute Art Monk

GatorEye

OK I'm admitting right of the bat this is a cross post, so you can ban me if you want but some things are worth fighting for and I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Monk deserves a message:

"Art, While it's not official, the football world and Redskin fans know you're a Hall of Famer."

I'd love to see it in one of these three places, from most to least expensive I'm guessing.

1) In SI, since 2 of their guys were probably most responsible for keeping him out.

2) Flying from a banner plane circling the HOF game.

3) In the WP.

I'm in with cash. Anyone support it or have a way to make it a reality?

I'm down in FL, but I'm hoping someone back up in DC might have some connections that might make it easier to make something happen.

WE MUST DO SOMETHING!

Originally posted by GatorEye

OK I'm admitting right of the bat this is a cross post, so you can ban me if you want but some things are worth fighting for and I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Monk deserves a message:

"Art, While it's not official, the football world and Redskin fans know you're a Hall of Famer."

I'd love to see it in one of these three places, from most to least expensive I'm guessing.

1) In SI, since 2 of their guys were probably most responsible for keeping him out.

2) Flying from a banner plane circling the HOF game.

3) In the WP.

I'm in with cash. Anyone support it or have a way to make it a reality?

I'm down in FL, but I'm hoping someone back up in DC might have some connections that might make it easier to make something happen.

WE MUST DO SOMETHING!

How about starting an OFFICIAL online petition & start with here & other Redskins message boards. Post the link to the petition so everyone can sign it. You could easily get 5000 sigs from just here, I would think. E-mail it out to everyone you know & just send it around. Then you e-mail SI with the petition (& whoever else needs to see it). I'm sure you can figure out something to say to SI without any help, so I'll leave that part up to you! :D I know it'll come after the HOF inductions, but it's something to think about.

:D

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

How about starting an OFFICIAL online petition & start with here & other Redskins message boards. Post the link to the petition so everyone can sign it. You could easily get 5000 sigs from just here, I would think. E-mail it out to everyone you know & just send it around. Then you e-mail SI with the petition (& whoever else needs to see it). I'm sure you can figure out something to say to SI without any help, so I'll leave that part up to you! :D I know it'll come after the HOF inductions, but it's something to think about.

:D

There was an online petition someone posted here a couple months back. Those don't do any good. We need a good old-fashion live in-person petiton during the ceramony.

My point was that the chance of us swaying some of these idiots directly is probably pretty slim. Although I generally don't like Wilbon, he does get his point across however wrong it may be. If he was arguing for Monk (and certainly not that anyone who is a HOF voter should need the argument presented to them, because I assume they are supposed to be a knowledgable football person) and he couldn't sway them, then I'm not sure what it will take.

My thoughts were to show Monk and everyone else that we feel he is a HOF'er and how idiotic it is that he isn't in the HOF. And maybe others will take up his cause as well. Maybe it will get some extra pub for him.

Perhaps the indirect approach may work, because it sure seems like the direct approach doesn't.

Archived