Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the media accuse Philly of buying their sb trip?

pr11fan

Originally posted by TODD

I think buying a championship only applies to teams like the '97 Marlins who sold their players afterwards.

The Eagles' ownership played their cards right... nothing taints it.

Eagles haven't won anything and won't win anything.

Eagles are playing in the Super Bowl just like the last time they played in the Super Bowl and the results for them will be the same just like the last time they were there.:laugh:

Originally posted by GIBBS LIVES

Eagles haven't won anything and won't win anything.

Eagles are playing in the Super Bowl just like the last time they played in the Super Bowl and the results for them will be the same just like the last time they were there.:laugh:

Agreed.

Unless and until the Iggles actually do win something, this is a moot point.

Iggles buying a trip to the S.B? Nah, nobody's accused them of this yet, and they aren't going to. If they won the Super Bowl in a blowout, which would be the football equivalent of hell freezing over. They still wouldn't be accused of buying anything. Not enough big names brought in. Kearse and T.O. were big pick ups, but they can't make a entire team. I'm of the opinion it's impossible to "buy" a ring in football. There are too many variables. In Baseball it's much easier, less key slots to fill.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Agreed on the actual NFCG.

But the list runs much deeper than Deion.

Ken Norton, Lee Woodall, Tim McDonald, Richard Dent, Gary Plummer were signed that offseason as well.

They put themselves in some difficult cap situations the next few seasons because of it.

You forgot Charles Mann. Tim McDonald was signed before the 93 season, Wodall was a draft pick, and they also signed Toi Cook from the Saints that year.

The only FA acquisitions that played yesterday were Kearse Jones Runyan and Trotter if you want to count a veteran minimum contract for a player the Eagle's drafted as a big money signing....Owens didn't play but even if he did we traded for him.

On the other hand C Lewis G Lewis H Fraley A Hicks J Parry D Walker H Thomas S Rayburn K Adams D Akers and Rod Hood were all either waiver claims or undrafted rookie FA's. The rest the Eagles drafted.

Kearse is injury prone. TO is a cancer. Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard will NEVER be able to reproduce TV and Bobby T.

The media had plenty of bad stuff to say about us this year.

I'm not saying we were underdogs or anything, but I don't think its fair to call us darlings by any means.

Not to mention how trigger happy everyone got waiting for TO to ruin our chemistry. Every week there was a new "shocking" story about TO that was destined to destroy the team. Never happened.

This being said, I don't think the Skins are media darlings by any means either. I think a few analysts were a little optimistic, but I think for the most part they got a fair rub from the media over the last 12 months.

Archived