Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Taylor on trial for DUI

bubba9497

Hey f_dallas. My wife bought me one of those Redskin's superbowl varsity jackets for Christmas. Did you get an Eagles superbowl jacket? Oh man, my bad.

Make sure you lock up your lunch money before you wear it :laugh: Do you have matching zubaz?

and police are always right

Look, I'm sorry. Based on the threads that have already already run their course on this subject, I assumed that his guilt was a foregone conclusion (ya know- seeing as how he doesn;t have a defense).

If you want to be a baby and argue a police conspiricy now, please do. You are a correct- a sober athlete can't touch his nose with his eyes closed. Cooincidentally, he refused to take a breathilyzer which led to his failed sobriety test. Sean Taylor is innocent.

hip, hip, hooray. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by f_dallas

Make sure you lock up your lunch money before you wear it :laugh: Do you have matching zubaz?

Nah, got rid of the zubaz in the late 80's. But those zubaz would look good with the mullet's most of the Eagles fans are sporting.

f_dallas, did you not read the article, are you unfamiliar with the law, or are you trying to cause trouble?

In case you missed it:

Taylor's attorney, Warren McLain, believes Taylor actually passed the field test and was improperly advised of Virginia's implied consent law, which deals with the refusal charge.

f_dallas, did you not read the article, are you unfamiliar with the law, or are you trying to cause trouble?

I think you may want to re-read, my friend.

The law is a refusal of a breath test is an automatic fail- at least in VA.

Taylor's lawyer is arguing that he wasn't made properly aware of the law and disputing that he failed the field sobriety test.

He is basically saying: Taylor wasn't told that it would be an automatic fail if he refused the breath test, and the Police were wrong when they decided he failed the field sobriety test.

Isn't that correct?

I'm just glad that the character of those Redskins players is so great that they are willing to lie in a court of law, with their hand on a bible, to help their friend get out of a fine.

Seriously...that is sad.

This is the problem statement. Whether Taylor is innocent or guilty, you are calling his teammates liars. How do you know what they will testify to.

This is the problem statement. Whether Taylor is innocent or guilty, you are calling his teammates liars. How do you know what they will testify to.

I guess I don't know what they'll testify to, but was just going from the statement in the article:

Running back Clinton Portis, cornerback Fred Smoot, wide receiver Laveranues Coles, wide receiver Rod Gardner and cornerback Garnell Wilds are prepared to testify that Taylor was not drunk in the early morning of Oct. 28, when he was arrested on the Capital Beltway.

You may.

Give it up! :cheers:

I would have to assume for one, that you live in a state that does not register that as an automatic fail, but is there a political reason?

If so, would you still hold to your "no breath test" rule if you lived in a state where refusing would lose you your license for a year and the second one would send you to jail (or house arrest)?

In PA, the law is the same or quite similar- if you refuse the test, you lose your license for 1 year...same as if you failed it. Sober people take the test 'round here. ;)

In Va. the implied consent law does not in and of itself mean that you are guilty of DUI if you refuse. What it is is an automatic suspension of your drivers license for merely refusing to take the test. Implied consent has no bearing on the actual DUI itself. Also DUI in Va is a misdemeanor unless there are other mitigating circumstances such as vehicular manslaughter or hit and run. But even then the actual DUI is still a misdemeanor and a seperate charge for the felonys.

I guess I don't know what they'll testify to, but was just going from the statement in the article:

Running back Clinton Portis, cornerback Fred Smoot, wide receiver Laveranues Coles, wide receiver Rod Gardner and cornerback Garnell Wilds are prepared to testify that Taylor was not drunk in the early morning of Oct. 28, when he was arrested on the Capital Beltway.

Its all part of being his "teammates" I suppose. If my only choice was to call my friends then thats who I would call. He was out w/these guys so he has no choice but to call these guys to testify.

So what's the point of arguing if you won't even take a stance?

I'm just saying that based on the facts, he is guilty. Can his lawyer find a way out of it? Maybe- but cripes...come on.

What are the reasons you would refuse one (AUTOMATIC FAIL after leaving a party AND fail the field sobriety test?

Okay...he was pulled over for speeding. Not sure that it helps or hurts.

His defense, if I'm not mistaken, is he believes he passed the sobriety test. The Police on the scene disagreed. It sounds like Taylor still might be drunk :laugh:

Point was, I was not arguing. You were generalizing about someone being guilty, when in fact, your basing such knowledge on what the media reported.

You refuse one because you take a field sobriety test, one that you think you passed, but the cop says you didn't.

Cop gets an attitude with you, your 21 and have more money then you know what to do with it. So using lack of judgement, you get an attitude back.

Hey man why you effing with me, and such.

FU then, take me in, I'm not taking anymore tests.

This would be a real life example, but I'm sure you'll attempt to refute that as well.

skins0128,

That scenario would mean Taylor is braindead and the Cops had it out for him. It still doesn't explain why he just didn't take the test to begin with, or why the Cops believed he failed the field sobriety test, other than "the Cops were out to get him and Taylor refused a breath test for no reason".

Still wildly unlikely.

skins0128,

That scenario would mean Taylor is braindead and the Cops had it out for him. It still doesn't explain why he just didn't take the test to begin with, or why the Cops believed he failed the field sobriety test, other than "the Cops were out to get him and Taylor refused a breath test for no reason".

Still wildly unlikely.

I'm just throwing out things that "could have" happened. These things happen more then you would probably think.

The guy is 21 years old, has LARGE diamonds in his ears. Black male driving above the posted speed limit after 2am.

In an expensive automobile that most 21 year olds are not driving.

He is brash on the field, has an attitude. Does he have this in real life? Maybe, I don't know for sure.

Could he have been profiled solely off this information? Possibly? Could he have been drunk? Possibly.

You just went on the assumption that because his teammates were going to testify on his behalf, that they MUST be lying.

Could that be their intention? Sure it could.

The reason I would not expect this, is because any good attorney should be able to get Taylor "off" with basically a slap on the wrist, IF he were guilty.

Why would they call witnesses to lie about something like that?

You get him some probation, and some community service, and chalk it up to him being young.

Not worth all the extra unless they thought they could prove he was innocent, maybe to just make a point.

:laugh:

Is there anyone you don't believe? I just don't believe anyone can be this naive.

As the smartest man in football once said, "If it looks like a rat..." :laugh:

There is not an elaborate set of circumstances for everything that happens to professional athletes- somethimes they just screw up.

He is guilty. His teamates are lying. He'll likely get off anyway.

There are plenty of people I don't believe, ones who give me a reason not to believe them.

My explanations, come from real life examples...

Believe it or not, cops make mistakes as well. As hard as that is to believe.

You keep saying I believe Taylor is innocent, you base this off your assumption that I feel that way.

Nowhere in this thread, have I stated that Taylor WAS NOT drunk.

You make generalizations concerning the guilt of someone, just off your if it looks like a rat, then its a rat.

And you can't believe I'm so naive. Whats up pot, I'm kettle.

Regardless of what anyone says, the guy is guilty in your eyes. Congratulations on your assumption.

Nowhere in this thread, have I stated that Taylor WAS NOT drunk.

I understand your point, but it seems quite unlikely.

By the way, the:

You make generalizations concerning the guilt of someone, just off your if it looks like a rat, then its a rat.

Was just a joke ;)

didn't Bruce Smith win a DUI case a couple years ago, in similar circumstances?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he won his case...I just don't believe he's innocent.

Just to be clear, my comment directly above was in relation to Taylor- It wouldn't surprise me if he won his case.

Archived