3) Champ Bailey

4) Shawn Springs

5) Charles Woodson

6) Ronde Barber

7) Fred Smoot

8) Tory James

9) Dre Bly

10) Lito Sheppard

Honorable mentions; Sam Madison, Marcus Trufant, Ricky Manning Jr, Antoine Winfield etc.

Even I'm not so much of a blind homer to put both of our CB's in the top 10. And Sheppard? You've got to be kidding me. Drop Smoot, Sheppard, and Barber from the list and replace with Surtain, Clement, and Winfield.

Originally posted by Mufumonk

Even I'm not so much of a blind homer to put both of our CB's in the top 10. And Sheppard? You've got to be kidding me. Drop Smoot, Sheppard, and Barber from the list and replace with Surtain, Clement, and Winfield.

Why wouldn't both of our guys be on the list they have been nothing short of spectacular the only knack on Smoot is his size. As far as Sheppard & Barber go they have been key components on the top scoring defensive (Eagles) & the 2nd rank defensive in the NFC (Bucks) respectively. I'll give you Clement but, I will keep Surtain & Winfield on my Honorable mention list.

Originally posted by heyholetsgogrant

Here's my top ten:

1. Chris McAlister

2. Ed Reed

3. Tory James

4. Ronde Barber

5. Charles Woodson

6. Champ Bailey

7. Dre Bly

8. Terrence McGee

9. Dunta Robinson

10. Shawn Springs

I think that is a good list....however, Sean Taylor is a better CB than Ed Reed.

Seriously....Smoot is probably top 15.....his play, prior to this year has been good - but not good enough to warrant a top 10.

Additionally - the boy needs to eat. If I remember correctly, he's the lightest member of the team weighing mid 170s.....He really could use a couple cheeseburgers this offseason.....Hell - he's half the size of my wife.

Originally posted by BleedB&G4life

Why wouldn't both of our guys be on the list they have been nothing short of spectacular the only knack on Smoot is his size. As far as Sheppard & Barber go they have been key components on the top scoring defensive (Eagles) & the 2nd rank defensive in the NFC (Bucks) respectively. I'll give you Clement but, I will keep Surtain & Winfield on my Honorable mention list.

Most analysts have already stated that Surtain has easily been the best CB in the NFL this year. I find it hard to argue with that after seeing him play a bunch this year. I love Smoot, but he's not Top 10 overall talent. He doesn't go head-to-head against the top WR every week, and until he does, it'll be hard to make a case for him.

Fred has played pretty well the last 3 years considering we have had a different d-cordinator each year:doh: . I still would not pay him more than 7 years at around 35 million with a $10 to $12 million signing bonus. He is going to find out if he does not resign what his market value is. If push comes to shove put the transition tag on him and let him test the market. Between the corners in the draft and everyone else availabe in free agency he wont get a blockbuster type deal. :rolleyes:

Archived