Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) Sportscenter 'Skins highlights a disgrace

Originally posted by BigDaddyShoo

the bottom line is that the game only mattered to ESPN because of the playof implications of Minnesota losing (which mirrors last season).....so of course they're gonna focus on the Vikes

I think folks understand that the "story" in yesterday's game was the Vikings and how they would react being in the same position as last year. The problem is the presentation of the game. It was presented as a game the Vikings let slip away instead of being presented as it should have been, the Vikings were outplayed and outhustled by a team playing for nothing but pride.

This happened before in the Steelers game. It was Bettis this and Big Ben that and they made it look like a rout instead of the 1 score game until really late that it was.

Originally posted by chiefhogskin48

It was pretty awful. I hate to jump the gun by claiming some sort of conspiracy, but man, they didn't even try to produce an accurate reflection of the game. Just a few idiotic sound bites by Stu Scott with a string of made-up words. :laugh:

If he says, "takin' it to the hizzle" one more time, I'm gonna' puke!

I missed the second half of the game; when I checked the highlights later in the evening to see if we won or not, it appeared to me at first glance that they beat us.

Not one of our touchdowns was on the ESPN highlight real, and at the end of the segment they just kinda uttered "Oh, and the Redskins won". "But watch Randy Moss on this 3 yard catch"

At the time the Vikings playoff hopes were uncertain.

Archived