Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Game thread-SKINS/Vikes-Last One 2004

Blondie

Here we are guys and gals.

The season ender. I begin this last thread with disappointment in our season, but with great anticipation at is what to come in 2005

It has been real............each and every Sunday.

Until nest season..................................

Let's Get It Started in Here!!!!!!!!!

Blondie

I'm here and ready to go. I share your sentiments about being disappointed in the season but having seen enough to give me hope for 2005.

My question for today is: Do we see the offense open up somewhat today or business as usual?

I hope we see some shots downfield that are actually completed.

Let's Go Skins!!!

PS: Thank you Blondie for getting this thread started week in and week out. :cheers:

I don't think we will "open it up." I believe Joe wants a win in the last game. So many of our starters are out........let's just get out there and do what we can to win.

And you are quite welcome. I love starting the game thread. My legacy as the unofficial Queen of Extreme.

Blondie

I'm actually excited for today's game moreso then like the 49ers or Giants game. I want to see how we play with Betts and if Gibbs opens up the offense and how our D can handle without Smoot. You think the FO is watching this game with a keen eye? If we can hold the Vikings passing game down a bit, that may hurt Smoot's value to the team.

I think this game will be like the 1st Eagles game. Our D will keep it close for as long as possible but eventually they get fatigued and wear out and the Vikings will close it out. Then again, this is a Vikings team that chocked on 4th and 16 to the Cardinals last year.

TOUCHDOWN!!!!! NO!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!! THE VIKINGS ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Haha I'd LOVE to hear that again!

HTTR

Washington to Start vs. Vikings

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

January 2, 2005

Linebacker Marcus Washington is expected to start in Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings at FedExField. Washington had missed several days of practices last week due to a sprained knee and was listed as questionable heading into the game.

As expected, cornerback Fred Smoot is among the Redskins' gameday inactives. Smoot suffered a lower back strain in last week's game at Dallas and was listed as doubtful heading into the Vikings game. He missed all of the team's practices this week.

Walt Harris will start in Smoot's place and rookies Garnell Wilds and Rufus Brown will serve in nickel and dime packages.

The Redskins' complete list of inactive players is as follows: Smoot, defensive tackles Cedric Killings and Ryan Boschetti, tight end Kori Dickerson, offensive linemen Jim Molinaro and Vaughn Parker and wide receiver Darnerien McCants.

The third quarterback is Tim Hasselbeck.

Minnesota's complete list of inactive players is as follows: cornerbacks Ralph Brown and Rushen Jones, center Billy Conaty, offensive linemen Anthony Herrera and Adam Haayer, tight end Richard Owens and defensive tackle Steve Martin.

The Vikings' third quarterback is Shaun Hill.

www.redskins.com

Gibbs is on the pregame Radio show (WJFK)...

"I 'm going to fight to keep those guys together" (talking about smoot or players in general)

"Last offseason we decided whether to go after 1 expensive guy (I'm assuming Kearse?) or 2 less expensive guys... one of those 2 less expensive guys is going to the pro bowl" (Washington is one guy not sure about the other, Barrow maybe?)

On Snyder....

"he's dedicated to winning and willing to spend the money to get the right players we need to win"

On the offense...

Areas to improve, at least we have things to fix.

On his coaching...

Some rookie coaches have done a better job this year, we've played hard, close games but lost them in the 4th quarter. Gibbs takes blame himself for close losses, but feels that the team is very close, that the players have played all the teams hard except in 1 game where he thought they were outplayed.

Originally posted by Pete

Dear God, where is everybody....................................

Lets go people....................................Lets kick some Vike arse

I know...just because we're done, it's still the last game till next year.

After a couple of nights of heaving boozing, I couldn't make it to the bar to watch the game live.

Sure glad I have extremeskins though....;)

Originally posted by skinsfan93

I know...just because we're done, it's still the last game till next year.

After a couple of nights of heaving boozing, I couldn't make it to the bar to watch the game live.

Sure glad I have extremeskins though....;)

I think the entire board is a bit hung over:laugh: :laugh:

Archived