Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those who think our Front Office sucks, I got news for you. They didn't in 2004

Originally posted by tex

Pretty much agree with inmate’s assessments.

No doubt that Brunell played much worse then some expected. The payoff may be whatever mentoring he has afforded to PR. Still, it's better to have Brunell coming off bench than a Mathews or a Waurfal.

Hoping here for more linemen from this years draft.

OT: don’t know if Jansen will come back strong or if Samuels will even be on the roster.

OC: Ramer’s gas tank has to be getting low.

DE: Haven’t had a threat here for so long.

DT: A player with Daryl Gardener type ability would make this defense almost unbeatable

Griffin, Salave'a, Noble have looked great; another DT (Haley is probably gone) would be great.

Other than that, I'm in total agreement with you.

I'm glad somebody actually researched what i've been telling non-skins fans for awhile, that our FO isnt really that bad...Everyone goes off of Snyderatto's first off-season that dreaded 2000 off-season when Snyderratto pulled out there football cards and played fantasy football...

Good post, this puts into perspective the change our FO is going through and becoming more fiscally responsible and coveting draft picks more...

The mark brunnell move was the big downer this year.

That alone pretty much sunk the season.

not sure who was responsible but they should feel very guilty.

Qb is the most important postion on the team and having him as the starter was a travesty.

Originally posted by tex

Pretty much agree with inmate’s assessments.

No doubt that Brunell played much worse then some expected. The payoff may be whatever mentoring he has afforded to PR. Still, it's better to have Brunell coming off bench than a Mathews or a Waurfal.

Hoping here for more linemen from this years draft.

OT: don’t know if Jansen will come back strong or if Samuels will even be on the roster.

OC: Ramer’s gas tank has to be getting low.

DE: Haven’t had a threat here for so long.

DT: A player with Daryl Gardener type ability would make this defense almost unbeatable

Tex,

We have a player with Gardener type ability. Cornelius Griffin is his name :). We don't need that to make this defense almost unbeatable. You put a defensive end capable of 10 sacks on the edge and you will have the best defense in the league -- barring injury and other losses.

Originally posted by jtyler42

I'm glad somebody actually researched what i've been telling non-skins fans for awhile, that our FO isnt really that bad...Everyone goes off of Snyderatto's first off-season that dreaded 2000 off-season when Snyderratto pulled out there football cards and played fantasy football...

Good post, this puts into perspective the change our FO is going through and becoming more fiscally responsible and coveting draft picks more...

Except, that first offseason was a great one for us, JT.

We went from No. 30 in defense to No. 4 based largely on the key moves we made defensively. So, even the offseason some people dislike, it's hard to really dislike it if you know the facts of the turnaround caused in part by the additions made.

I agree that Brunell was a bad deal, but not nearly as bad as the original view of the contract might suggest.

He will never see the final four years of his contract, so it amounts to approximately $16 million over four years with "dead" money included. This isn't too bad for a quarterback's salary, but his play has been pitiful, which makes it a bad signing.

I also read that Brunell might negotiate a new deal with Gibbs if it is clear that he won't be starting any time soon. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though.

Not to pile on, but aren't you guys the least bit worried that our draft picks have been minimal since the emergence of Snderatto? Sure it's easy to be the critic after the fact, but you can't deny that we've carelessly squandered them away on FA's.

Sure Samuels, Arrington, Taylor, Ramsey, Smoot and Cooley are great acquisitions, but that's not a hell of alot for 4 years and we had 4 first rounders in that whole span. Compare that to the drafts of teams that place the onus on the draft rather than FA, and we are getting smoked.

I am not trying to complain up a storm because I have supported many of the moves we've made.

I agree Art. We stand pat and make this turn around with the group of guys we have and bring in some youngins.

We get some more depth on both lines through the draft and maybe bring in a guy at WR if Gardner goes bye-bye....

Originally posted by jakehunter

Why did you compare Portis to LT? LT got more money, but he's a better player. Portis is very overpaid, and the Skins have proven over and over they can't hang with the big boys. You've got a neglect at some spots, and no matter what you paid Brunell compared to what other over the hill QB's made... he's still overpaid.

Jake, go away

Archived