Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mathias Kiwanuka playing today (12/30) @ 1:00 p.m ET

goldenster95

Originally posted by Mittens

He's getting pressure, but they are double covering him on the offensive line.

yeah, ive seen him in the backfield twice. He isnt Peppers. Peppers, you could put the whole oline on and he would get to the QB at UNC. He should go back to school for another year.

Originally posted by Renegade7

:laugh: Poor Inmate. So can we focus on Spears now?

Spears has a great NFL body, BUT he doesn't seem fast enough to be an effective pass rusher. He seems like Booger McFarland, more of a DT in the pros.

I'm still for trading down and drafting someone in the second round such as Math Roth, Eric Moore or Simon Fraser...

Originally posted by Akhhorus

Spears has a great NFL body, BUT he doesn't seem fast enough to be an effective pass rusher. He seems like Booger McFarland, more of a DT in the pros.

I'm still for trading down and drafting someone in the second round such as Math Roth, Eric Moore or Simon Fraser...

He's a pretty strong dude though, and is just as good against the run as he is against the pass. The fact that he can play DT as well is a plus. He can be developed, or dare I say it, coached up. :D

we would be fools to trade down. Were in position to draft like we did last year a playmaker that can really help our offense. We need to do it.

Obviously after watching this game kiwanuka's stocking is dropping. This guy is not going to be on our team. He is getting abused. And hes to light to stop the run. Hes getting pushed around. I dont want to give up our run stopping just so we can have better pass rushing. Its got to be both not one or the other.

yeah, ive seen him in the backfield twice. He isnt Peppers. Peppers, you could put the whole oline on and he would get to the QB at UNC. He should go back to school for another year.

What?????????

That's crazy.

And he's gonna be a top 15 (or thereabouts) pick this year, why would he want to go back?

NFL Scouts obviously think he has what it takes.....

Just saying what I see on the field. He was benched for half a quarter in the bowl game. The schedule BC played this year was hardly tough. I'm not saying he'll be a stiff: but I have concerns.

Maybe, but I have concerns about a lot of the DE prospects. I don't think James nor Spears are NFL-ready (at least to dominate early). Pollack and Kiwi are the two I think can come in and look great.

Originally posted by JWB

Kiwi is an obvious project. The guy does not have enough weight on him, he is too skinny.

The other thread address this point perfectly.

DEs are getting slightly smaller, but much quicker and more athletic. Much like defense's in general.

I think a quicker, "shiftier" DE like Kiwi has a better chance at beating a Jon Ogden (just like Freeney destroyed him), as opposed to a bull-rushing, strong and big DE, like Spears.

Originally posted by RedDawg36

Maybe, but I have concerns about a lot of the DE prospects. I don't think James nor Spears are NFL-ready (at least to dominate early). Pollack and Kiwi are the two I think can come in and look great.

i dont like first round DEs, they are hit and miss at best. I prefer signing someone(FA).

i dont like first round DEs, they are hit and miss at best. I prefer signing someone(FA).

I don't like top 10 DEs for the same reason, especially when we have 4 that I believe are very close in ability, but I like a first round DE over a lot of other positions.

That's why i'd entertain the idea of us trading down to, say, the late first and getting the best DE available....at least one will be there, I guess.

Originally posted by RedDawg36

I don't like top 10 DEs for the same reason, especially when we have 4 that I believe are very close in ability, but I like a first round DE over a lot of other positions.

That's why i'd entertain the idea of us trading down to, say, the late first and getting the best DE available....at least one will be there, I guess.

Im with you on trading down, but I dont think DE is our top priority. WR or O-line is.

showed good speed coming off the edge and a good motor chasing down plays from the backside. Yeah he's light in the pants and can be run on directly, but he's not being hailed as a 1st rounder for being an achor against the run. He's a pure pass rushing DE and with the right coaching, could be come like a Jason Taylor type DE IMO.

Archived