Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Was Gibbs a born again last time he was coach?

FlipFantastic

Originally posted by BG

I'm a born again a*shole and I think your post stinks.

I don't think he was trying to be offensive BG. I think he just associates Christianity with weakness. If he were still around, I'm pretty sure the last hadji that I ran into in Afganistan would beg to differ:evil:

Players respect Gibbs. His "born-again" faith is strong and he carries himself with respect and class. He never calls a player out in public and handles everything behind closed doors. He established a Christian following with the athletes last time around. It basically made players unselfish and helped the team. He is very competitive. He is not too soft. Norv would have let Taylor play, but Gibbs told him to stay home. No one will get out of line. Research Gibbs a little more...

Originally posted by panthro

just because you're a christian doesn't mean that you don't know how to coach well and be rigid and stearn when it's necessary. christian men are still men, and we can get fired up just like everyone else.

one of the important things we focus on is from matthew 5 - "blessed are the meek." the greek work for meek used in this verse means "power under control" - not "timid" or "humble" or "weak" like most people think.

so... gibbs has fire and power burning inside, but he does his best to control it. i'm sure he lets the guys see it from time to time when it's appropriate. and i'm sure there are times when he actually shows his mortality and gets unglued just like the rest of us.

Well said. :cheers:

Archived