Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly scared silly

Awesome

I'm sure our friend 9inarow would have you believe it's really "Quincy Carter and the Cowpokes from he!!" the have Philly spooked.

Go ahead ... ask him. :)

I was going to say they'd also be concerned about Plummer to Boston but I had forgotten the Cards are out of the division. They will face them once though, right?

Guest Goatroper

Oh, no, not the Cowboys. They'll never be any good because... well, because Skins fans don't WANT them to be.

No, I am sure it really is the specter of an untried (in the NFL) offense in the hands of an untested (in the NFL) coach and some new kid or washout playing quarterback throwing to (WR to be named later) that has the whole NFL just trembling in their Nikes, wetting their sweats.

Uh, yeah. Dream on boys. This is the high point of your season right now. It goes down from here.

Ooh! I don't think we're in Gainesville any more, Toto!

Goatraper just reinforces my point. Cowboys fans are morons, and wear blinders 24 hours a day. They only see their point, and it's impossible to change them. In their opinion, the HOF committee has already decided that quincy wont have to go through the waiting period to get into the hall. He'll just go straight from laying on the turf to having his shrine in canton. Basically, I wouldn't believe a Cowyboys fan if he told me the pope was going to heaven. Its always a lie somehow.

What the hell does he do with the goat after he ropes it???:laugh:

Take a look at how many DB's NFC east teams drafted. They are worried about Spurrier spreading the field. And the Eagles might also be too cheap to resign Dawkins and Vincent next year. So they Draft replacements. There has got to be some trouble behind closed doors at the Vet and in the Meadowlands ;)

They believe they are somehow grandfathered back into the championship game and are gearing up to beat the Rams.

Looks to me that their taking their eyes off the prize, which should be to put up the best team you can and actually get back to that point. Even when molding yourself to beat a particular team works, you can beat the target team and lose too many other games. Witness the 2000 Redskins vs the Rams.

Plus, history shows that the team you expect to be the main hurdle to the SB more often than not stumbles along the way, and a different team with completely different challenges stand in your way.

I think tommy the greek is on the mark in that the Eagles are more than likely going to lose one or both of Vincent and Taylor.

And since they are gearing so much to beating the Rams, maybe they ought to go back and look at the tape of the championship game and they will realize that they lost the game because they couldn't stop the run. That is their weak area, and with the departure of Trotter and the arrival of Barber, they are even weaker against the run as of now.

Guest Goatroper
What the hell does he do with the goat after he ropes it???

Well, this year we are gonna roast that cabrito nice and slow and serve it up for Thanksgiving while watching the Cowboys humiliate the Redskins, putting the win streak into double digits. Have friends over to swig a few coldbeers (just a Big Red for me, thanks) and thank the Good Lord that we are Texans, proud and free.

I'd invite you over, geeky, but I don't think you'd be comfortable watching the game with us.

Where are you in central TX, roper?

We lived in TX for five years, Beaumont for three (gag!!!) and Round Rock for two. We loved the Austin area, thought we'd be there for the duration.

Quite frankly, I never had one ounce of problem with Cowboy fans when we lived there, down right neighborly, matter of fact.

The 'boys being on tv every single week did get old, however.

At least the Skins had the 'boys number when I was out there, the worst beating the best.

Thank goodness Heath did one thing right in his career.:laugh:

Guest Goatroper

Howdy, RSFan4Life.

I'm about 90 miles north of Austin -- mighty glad to be that close AND that far away.

I spent some time in the Old Dominion and some of my best friends are rabid Skins fans. I still love 'em. Could never figure out the others who were so cranky about the Cowboys, though. Heck, it's football, folks.

Re: Remark about sex with sisters -- That ain't Texas, red, that's West Virginia. Shoot, if I were to try anything with one of my sisters, she'd stomp my butt in a New York minute.

Ken, your lack of understanding who we have at the receiver position really isn't something we have to apologize for, do you think? When a team has a guy like Reidel Anthony as a fourth receiver, it has fair depth at that spot. I believe it's likely we'll pick up another receiver after June 1 to further solidify the position, but, with Gardner, Green, Lockett and Anthony, we have experienced starting players at various levels of success and readiness who offer us legitimate options, if not exciting ones.

Against a team with a great batch of corners like the Eagles, our offense may have more difficulty than against a team with very average players at the corner spot, as you have. Hell, we look to even be strong at receiver when compared to Edwards and Westbrook for you. When Westbrook, your best corner, can't line up on a field against at least two division rivals as anything better than the fourth best corner on the field -- i.e. behind Champ, Smoot and Darrell and Vincent, Taylor and Harris -- you know there's some worry there for you against an offense that will test you on the outside.

But, I wouldn't sweat it. Westbrook is your best player and for the handful of games he plays before being injured, he'll probably end up only giving up slightly fewer plays than you are used to of late from a guy at that spot :).

I dont know about all that with David Carr. The cowboys will definitely lose every single game, but who knows if carr will stomp them. One thing is for sure....thanksgiving....its finally our turn. Times have changed. The cowboys days are numbered. They suck. The texans will suck, but not as bad as the cowboys. Texans and redskins win in both primetime games.

Guest Goatroper

Geeky,

Son, I'll probably be dead long before Steve Spurrier beats the Dallas Cowboys.

But, sure, if by some miracle it happens, I'll come by and expose myself to your gleeful abuse.

Originally posted by Art

Ken, your lack of understanding who we have at the receiver position really isn't something we have to apologize for, do you think? When a team has a guy like Reidel Anthony as a fourth receiver, it has fair depth at that spot. I believe it's likely we'll pick up another receiver after June 1 to further solidify the position, but, with Gardner, Green, Lockett and Anthony, we have experienced starting players at various levels of success and readiness who offer us legitimate options, if not exciting ones.

Against a team with a great batch of corners like the Eagles, our offense may have more difficulty than against a team with very average players at the corner spot, as you have. Hell, we look to even be strong at receiver when compared to Edwards and Westbrook for you. When Westbrook, your best corner, can't line up on a field against at least two division rivals as anything better than the fourth best corner on the field -- i.e. behind Champ, Smoot and Darrell and Vincent, Taylor and Harris -- you know there's some worry there for you against an offense that will test you on the outside.

But, I wouldn't sweat it. Westbrook is your best player and for the handful of games he plays before being injured, he'll probably end up only giving up slightly fewer plays than you are used to of late from a guy at that spot :).

Wow,

The Cowboys sure get no respect around these parts, huh. How many times in a row do we have to beat you guys before you give us a little credit? I mean really.

Art,

I guess I have to remind you that WE, not YOU, are the ones who had the 4th ranked defense in the NFL last year. I also have to remind you that OUR pass defense was #1 in the league. Not yours. I also would like to know how Fred Smoot all of the sudden became one of the best corners in the League? I must have missed something there. Granted, Westbrook did make the Pro Bowl two years ago, so that shouldn't count for anything. I don't think you should discount the Cowboys 4th round pick Derek Ross, either, he is considered to be a quality cover guy. But I am not going to hang my hopes on him performing because, Frankly, I think were fine with or without his help. Last year's defensive ranking proves that point.

And as far as Westbrook being our best player, you might want to rethink that logic. He may not even be our best corner, Edwards played damn good last year.

Now, to your Wr's. I do like Rod Gardner, he is a nice player. But the rest of those retreads your throwing out there, come on now. Are you being serious or what? There is a reason Tampa couldn't throw the ball last year with Green and Anthony. They don't scare anyone, that is for sure. Even if you did manage to make a convincing arguement that somehow, 3 out of your 4 WR's were something more than average, how would you rationalize how you would get them the ball? Is this going to be a wishful thinking thing or will it be done through Osmosis?

I HARDLY think that Andy Reid is shaking at the thought of ANY of your qb's picking apart his defense. I mean, let's be realistic here.

Think a little bit before you spout off.

Ken, that is among the finest posts I've ever seen from a Cowboy fan. You should frame it. Oh, wait, I wrote it and you didn't add anything. Well, hell, it's still about the best, but, I could do better for you to copy later if you'd like :).

I was going to call him on that too, Art, but I noticed it was only his second post and I had mercy on the poor newbie. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to resist had it been MY words he so eloquently re-posted.

Also, I've been a smart@ss in most of my posts tonight and thought I would give it a rest. A brief rest. :)

Archived