Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which rookie QB will be the best player in 5 years?

Ot won't be Carr, and I doubt it will be Harrington. Patsy has the strongest arm of the lot. After the Broncs won w/ Terrell & Co., everyone was so certain that Elway was the prototypical QB, the Browns picked Couch over the infinitely better McGnat. Now everybody's looking at McGnat, McNayer, and Gannon, and put too much credibility in mobility. It may take a couple years, but look for Patsy to be regarded as the steal of this draft by 2005

i think both Harrington and Ramsey will be good QB's. But as for who will be the best in 5 years my head says Harrington but my heart is with Ramsey.

David Carr on the other hand has bust written all over him. Houston is foolish if they think they are going to reinvent his delivery from a side arm hurler to a classic overhand thrower, after 22 years of ingrained under pressure, muscle memory. They can ruin a kid that way. Casserly would be better off just accepting the fact that Carr will have more balls batted down than most QBs.

Found this little tidbit about Ramsey's phenomenal personal workout on KFFL:

NFL | Ramsey Looks Good Again - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

March 17, 2002 14:45:37 PT Brian Allee-Walsh reports for the Times-Picayune Tulane held their Pro Day Friday and QB Patrick Ramsey defied blustery conditions to shine once again for NFL scouts. He worked 90 minutes on Tulane's outdoor practice field for 15 NFL teams, including the New Orleans Saints. He ran two 40-yard sprints, once with the aid of an 18- to 20-mph wind and once against it. Unofficially, he was clocked around 4.90 seconds. He also performed a series of footwork and passing drills. Allee-Walsh reported no more than a handful of the 50 passes were off target. Agent Jimmy Sexton said his best pass was a 50-yarder, on the run, into the wind, right on target to his WR.

Kurt Kittner :)

just kidding. probably David Carr or Ramsey because both will have quarterback coaches that know what they are doing.

the Lions coaching staff is a mess. Harrington is going into a system that was in complete disarray last year and has yet to work all the bugs out.

personally, I don't think Marty is cut out to be a head coach in the NFL.

Millen was hoping to make that SF connection by bringing in Marty but he is not Mariucci or Holmgren as Mat is finding out.

Ramsey's got a nice supporting cast here. Stephen Davis taking some pressure off the passing game....gardner, hopefully westbrook, green, anthony, etc etc etc. I think we have quality receivers to catch some balls for him. Samuels protecting his blind spot...thats a big plus. Great D period.

Ramsey has the best tools to be the best down the road. He comes into a quarterback friendly offense and one of the best QB coaches in the league. He is very smart, can make all the throws, and has a potent ground game to take some of the pressure off.

Archived