Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins may be interested in Adams

GrimReaper21

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! If we get Adams, I'll be so happy that I'll dance around naked and throw taco shells in the air, recreating the ancient dance of the Incas (circa 1523).

I don't think our offense can carry us this year. Spurrier might be Einstein in a visor, but it's tough to win with a rookie QB. Even Manning struggled, and Ramsey doesn't have the pedigree of Manning. So we need a solid defense. But we'll have trouble with the run unless we upgrade our DTs. Sam Adams is the PERFECT fit!!! Like mayo on a hamburger!!! We just need him to occupy space so our LBs can make big plays!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!

I think the team has shot its wad on defense. Unless they can sign Adams to a modest deal, which is unlikely, I don't see this happening.

We have to watch our spending. We have some younger players that are going to be up for contract extensions over the next couple of years and can't afford to sink too much money into the free agent marketplace.

That is one of the reasons I was interested in getting a DT in the draft. :)

These guys are EXPENSIVE to get as free agents.

We already have a bundle tied up in Wynn, Arrington, Trotter, Wilkinson and Bailey.

We still have to work off the Smith and Coleman contracts in 2002 or 2003/4.

I think we are back to signing players to the kind of 3 year 4.2 million deals we saw Jacquez Green and Rod Jones get earlier.

Adams is a luxury we neither need, nor can afford. We simply need a big, motivated and modestly talented body at DT who will play within our system and who will keep the interior O-linemen off of our stud LB's. There's someone else out there - or will be - who can do that, I'm sure.

Last year Ted Washington signed a 3 year deal for 7.5 mil total, I think Adams will be affordable once reality smacks him in the face...so many teams filled their DT holes in the draft, the longer he waits the worse it gets.

Archived