Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Scenario

[[ghost]]

Not sure if you guys will like, but instead of flaming, how bout adjusments, if ya got problems with my scenario.

I say we restructure samuels, and keep him, i don't know bout yall, but he's been playing monster lately. not Jonathon ogden good, but pretty damned good. then, restructure brunell.with 15 mil, i say we then go after smoot, and MAKE SURE HE STAYS. then, sign pierce. i heard that somewhere that our 05 cap will be around 83 mil. lets say 85, in case. so , imagine that the cap hits 100 mil. like expected, we have 15 mil to spend.

Then, we go after john abraham, who doesn't look to be a free agent this year, but ya never know. in the even that he does stay, we give the nod to darren howard. pick him up. then we go after line.

everything in this order has to be done. then, we trade gardner. lets say a 3rd rounder, at most, maybe the chargers, but i doubt it. some team will tho.

Now, if we have enough money, we go after jerry porter. if he's asking too much, screw it, and i say we look to the draft. i see us drafting around 7-10. depending on how teh free agency went, depends on draft. if we got a really good anchor on teh line, then i say we get mike williams. if he's projected too early, i say we move UP. yes, UP. if its out of our reach. i say we look at our opts. if antrelle rolle is still there, but a suitor is waiting, trade. if he's gone, then trade down definitely. then pick up elton brown, unless we have our line fixed, then we go after wr again. but, should antrelle rolle be isolated, we go after him. i know, we have a killer D, but think- springs isn't immortal. give springs the next 2-3 yrs, groom rolle, then kick ass.

So?

No more big name signings. Re-sign our own guys and build from the draft and maybe add a couple inexpensive but solid and hardworking vets that no one outside of Washington will get too excited about.

For once, let's not be the story of the offseason.

Your numbers are way off. A restructure of Brunell is basically impossible, but his numbers next year are not too much of an issue. We can probably keep Smoot and Samuels for '05 without cutting too many people. There may be some room for one other significant free agent acquisition (10K+ signing bonus), but with our '06 cap situation any significant additions will create REALLY hard choices in '06 and '07. Any big moves in '05, and guys like Randy Thomas, Coles, Jansen, Griffin and Springs all become potential cap casualties.

I like the idea of keeping Samuels and Smoot. I really hope we can do it. People talk about "cap hell" all the time, and the conventional wisdom seems to be that Snyder has done a great job of avoiding it. Frankly, I already think we're in cap hell, because keeping Smoot and Samuls will be very difficult in itself, and make it virtually impossible to keep guys like Pierce and Salave'a. Remember that Samuels is not a free agent, it's just that his salary has gotten so absurd that he needs to sign an extension our our cap will tip over.

Originally posted by Hooper

No more big name signings. Re-sign our own guys and build from the draft and maybe add a couple inexpensive but solid and hardworking vets that no one outside of Washington will get too excited about.

For once, let's not be the story of the offseason.

:applause:

We need to build this way to become a good team....

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

Not sure if you guys will like, but instead of flaming, how bout adjusments, if ya got problems with my scenario.

I say we restructure samuels, and keep him, i don't know bout yall, but he's been playing monster lately. not Jonathon ogden good, but pretty damned good. then, restructure brunell.with 15 mil, i say we then go after smoot, and MAKE SURE HE STAYS. then, sign pierce. i heard that somewhere that our 05 cap will be around 83 mil. lets say 85, in case. so , imagine that the cap hits 100 mil. like expected, we have 15 mil to spend.

Then, we go after john abraham, who doesn't look to be a free agent this year, but ya never know. in the even that he does stay, we give the nod to darren howard. pick him up. then we go after line.

everything in this order has to be done. then, we trade gardner. lets say a 3rd rounder, at most, maybe the chargers, but i doubt it. some team will tho.

Now, if we have enough money, we go after jerry porter. if he's asking too much, screw it, and i say we look to the draft. i see us drafting around 7-10. depending on how teh free agency went, depends on draft. if we got a really good anchor on teh line, then i say we get mike williams. if he's projected too early, i say we move UP. yes, UP. if its out of our reach. i say we look at our opts. if antrelle rolle is still there, but a suitor is waiting, trade. if he's gone, then trade down definitely. then pick up elton brown, unless we have our line fixed, then we go after wr again. but, should antrelle rolle be isolated, we go after him. i know, we have a killer D, but think- springs isn't immortal. give springs the next 2-3 yrs, groom rolle, then kick ass.

So?

OK, from another thread it looks like we're already working on Pierce. Keep Smoot. Restructure/extend Samuels.

As others have said, ease up on the big name free agent signings, but see if we can find a quality FA center.

Draft a DE. Hopefully we can trade down, pick up a DE, and get something in the second round also.

Promote from within. We need to find out next year whether Jacobs has it or not. Maybe use the added second round pick for a rookie WR.

Archived