Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Play Calling or Execution???

skinsguy29

On another redskins forum board, myself and another member kind of got into a heated argument on why the Redskins' offense wasn't putting up the points and the offensive production that we needed to be putting up. He says play calling...pretty much has been very very critical of Joe Gibbs all year long, (he is a big Steve Spurrier fan!!) I say that although the playcalling hasn't been of championshop caliber (and that's just because Gibbs is trying to find out what works and what doesn't), I say its more execution than anything else.

What do you guys think?? I believe its execution and I believe if we solve that, then we're almost where we should be as a team..especially offensively.

:logo:

Execution. Joe Gibbs relys on having a few plays that he knows will work no matter what the opposition does unless they cheat to stop it. If the play fails even with execution, he knows what to call that has to work because there's no way they can stop the first play and still be able to stop the second.

His play calling has a times been suspect because when the players fail to execute, he doesn't nescessarily know what to call next.

The giants game was a perfectly called game, why was it perfectly called? because of almost perfect execution. Some of us are questioning the playcalling in the Eagle game. Why? because we lost; we lost, because the team made mistakes. I didn't think the last call was the right call, but if Ramsey would of checked off, then its a different story, then its a genius call like the shovel pass last week, so I got to say it boils down to mental lapses, lack of execution.

I think it maybe a little of both and I think Gibbs is adapting quite well for a man that has been out of the NFL for 12 years...More execution than his playcalling...that play where Cooley was all alone in the endzone and the pass was overthrown just a tad bit told me that Gibbs sees many things in other defenses that we don't...We'll get it together

Archived