Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

...but he also had Mike Martz as his offensive coordinator!

PCRoughrider

Uh huh, and he also had an emerging STAR in Torry Holt, and Isacc Bruce right before his decline in speed/skill started, along with a very fast #3 receiver Az-Hakim. The Rams offense was built on speed, something that the Redskins don't have at the WR position besides Coles when he is at 100%. Supposedly Taylor Jacobs is fast, but on the few plays I have seen him in, he is not burning past anyone.

Originally posted by PCRoughrider

..and the Chiefs are irrelevent because Martz isn't his offensive coordinator.

Martz is the key.

First you credit Martz with the Rams' success during the Vermeil era. Then when someone points out that Vermeil has just as good if not better offense at KC without Martz, the Chiefs are irrelevant?? Ok, whatever......:insane:

Martz is such a genius. I guess that's why the majority of Rams' fans want him run out of town on a rail? He has no interest in running the ball and that's with Faulk and Jackson in the backfield. That's all we need is an OC in the mold of Spurrier.....:doh:

The Chiefs' offense is by no means as good as the Rams' offense. In any event, the current Chiefs OC is from Martz's staff.

Martz is the key.

Martz isn't coming here. Don't want him here or need him here. The man has no concept of balance on offense. If he won't use Faulk or Jackson, what makes you think he'd use Portis??

In order for Martz's offense to work, you need receivers that will catch a 20 yard pass and take it to the house. You also need an offensive line that can block for more then 3 seconds.

Trust me guys, once we have a SOLID OFFENSIVE LINE, we will be able to run anyone's offense, including Steve Spurrier's offense (hehe).

FYI:

Washington has given up 28 sacks in 364 attempts.

Pittsburgh has given up 26 sacks in 264 attempts

Kansas City has given up 24 sacks in 373 attempts.

Now who's offensive line is solid in this group? Or is there no real distinction, other than Pittsburgh's is much worse?

First off, you can't just post a stat like that and try and prove a point. Ever heard of max protect?

Second. If this topic was ever headed in this just direction, I just want to say. I hate hearing arguments that one person was nothing without another. Ditka was nothing with Belicheck. Vermeil is nothing without Martz. Holmgreen is nothing without Favre. Shanahan is nothing with Elway. Belicheck might be nothing without his coordinators. Andy Reid might be nothing wihtout his. Why can't people just say the people are them all have a hand in the success. Its not all one person.

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

First off, you can't just post a stat like that and try and prove a point. Ever heard of max protect?

All teams max protect to some degree or they do other things to minimize the effects of blitzes.

No offensive line uses only five blockers (2T, 2G,1C) all of, or even, a majority of the time. Our problem is that most other teams have better schemes than we do.

Archived