Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we got any car tuners on es.com?

afkidd

Originally posted by afkidd

i have an o2 sensor. i'm talking about the bolt that goes from the manifold to the turbo that is sheared.

So you managed to get the O2 Sensor out of the stock O2 housing?

Whenever you're messing with any of the bolts on the manifold I would recommend using a bolt losening spray. I can't remember what the name of it is, but you spray it on the bolt and let it sit for a little while. Then use a long wrench for leverage or a breaker bar.

Originally posted by Huly

I am a huge car fan. Our 96 Covette won best in show at Corvette Carsile. Our 2004 GTO is also a sweet ride. Pez and I are both into muscle cars. I am considering swapping the hood on the GTO for the 2005 with hood scoops and adding some of the 2005 engine features to boost the HP from 350 to 400. We are also going to look at the Chevy Trail Blazer Joe Gibbs edition when it comes out. It is suppose to have 450HP, but I heard they are having issues with the Tahoe Joe Gibbs edition. The super charger is blowing the transmission. Our dream car is a 69 Corvette tri power.

Mate, you do realise you are driving an Australian built muscle car. Known here as a Monaro, this latest version made it's debut at the 2000 Sydney Motor Show (I think) and was originally built as a concept car, ie, not for mass production. The very first Monaro's were gracing our streets some 30 odd years ago.

The interest shown forced General Motors Holden (GMH) to reconsider and decided to go with what the ppl wanted. Admittedly, it does come with a Chev power plant, but Aussie V8's are still built with two valves per cylinder and pushrods.

Originally posted by SkinnedAussie

Admittedly, it does come with a Chev power plant, but Aussie V8's are still built with two valves per cylinder and pushrods.

That's what amazes me about the new goat. 350 HP, and gets 29 mpg highway with the 6 speed tranny. All on 'old' technology, while being very competitive with foreign cars and their 'better' cars.

And the GTOs RULE! I test drove one a few months ago and fell in love. I almost bought the thing right then, but I've got some responsibilities to take care of first. And, I'm a little curious as to what GMs plans are for '07, when the GTO is supposedly going to be redesigned and Chevy may either reintroduce the Camaro, release a RWD V8 Monte Carlo, or even bring in an all-new Monaro/GTO based car rumored to be called a Chevelle. Now, if I can nurse my '87 Monte Carlo SS for a few more years, I'll be all set.

Originally posted by MonkeySkin

Whenever you're messing with any of the bolts on the manifold I would recommend using a bolt losening spray. I can't remember what the name of it is, but you spray it on the bolt and let it sit for a little while. Then use a long wrench for leverage or a breaker bar.

Were you thinking of Liquid Wrench?

The Gto is an amazing car. I know it was built in the Monaro plant. I tracked it all the way. It is a sweet ride and fun car to drive. Some people from www.ls1gto.com have posted their track slip and all are running quick. The rumor is that in 05 the GTO will have 400HP then their might be a judge in 06 or 07 pushing 450-550HP. SWEET! Pez my husband has raced many diffrent cars just for fun on street (people see that car and want to see what it can do) and so far has not lost. also Darrel Green and Pez exchanged words at a light about each others cars as he was driving an antique awesome mustang.

PB Blaster is ten times better then Liquid Wrench, but it's well beyond that.

The best thing you can do to avoid this type of stuff, is always assemble with never seize thread compound. Copper is best in VHT areas such as the turbo.

The stuff is worth it's weight in gold.....................

well i got the bolt out. it should run a lot better! before i replaced the bolt, i was pushing 15 psi. without changing anything, except putting the new bolt in, i'm now only pushing 9psi, so the turbo was working harder to make 15 psi...should rip now.

Archived