Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we got any car tuners on es.com?

afkidd

with NFSU2 out and GT4 just over the horizon, i was wondering if we got any car fans/car tuners out there. if you are one, list ur whip (y0).

i've got a 93 mitsubish eclipse gsx...

mods are:

INTAKE

33x7x3.5 rear facing 2.5 In/Outs Extruded Tube Custom Front Mount Intercooler

Homemade IC piping

Dejon Tool 2.5 inch intake

K&N Filter

3" GM MAF

EXHAUST

Ported 2G Manifold

RNR Racing 3" o2 Eliminator Downpipe

No Cat

Bullet Muffler with 4" Tip

TURBO

Big 16g

Joe P MBC

MONITORING

Autometer 30-0-30 Boost Gauge

Blitz Fatt DC Turbo Timer

IGNITION

NGK Spark Plug Wires

NGK BRP7 Spark Plugs

FUEL

Walboro 255 LPH Fuel Pump

Wheels

Montegi mr4 17 Inch wrapped in Kumho Extas Supra Tires

my future mods are

dsmlink (for those who don't know, it's a 'standalone piggyback' fuel system. it uses the stock ECU, puts a chip in it, and let's you control timing, fuel, nitrous, even has neat features like a stutterbox, anti-lag, and all sorts of neat stuff. pretty much a standalone EMS without all the hassle. you can control it using a laptop (for the wow factor with the ricers) or just a palm pilot.

bigger fuel injectors

and a nice sized turbo (either a 50 trim or bigger)

and a sweet set of 17 inch rims since i think the ones i have now are ugly!

i do all my own work!

REPRESENT Y0 RIDE!

Seems like a nice ride. The only thing that struck me as odd is the 3" GM mass air flow sensor. They were such a pain in the arse in a stock configuration in the 80's and 90's. Are the new ones better?

Are ya runnin the brackets with it?

I am a huge car fan. Our 96 Covette won best in show at Corvette Carsile. Our 2004 GTO is also a sweet ride. Pez and I are both into muscle cars. I am considering swapping the hood on the GTO for the 2005 with hood scoops and adding some of the 2005 engine features to boost the HP from 350 to 400. We are also going to look at the Chevy Trail Blazer Joe Gibbs edition when it comes out. It is suppose to have 450HP, but I heard they are having issues with the Tahoe Joe Gibbs edition. The super charger is blowing the transmission. Our dream car is a 69 Corvette tri power.

Attached picture of GTO Black with Red interior!

Originally posted by Pete

Seems like a nice ride. The only thing that struck me as odd is the 3" GM mass air flow sensor. They were such a pain in the arse in a stock configuration in the 80's and 90's. Are the new ones better?

Are ya runnin the brackets with it?

the point for the 3" GM MAF is because the stock one on my car's are mega restrictive, while the 3" GM isn't really restrictive at all.

and i haven't taken the car to the track yet (if that's wht you mean by brackets)

Originally posted by Huly

I am a huge car fan. Our 96 Covette won best in show at Corvette Carsile. Our 2004 GTO is also a sweet ride. Pez and I are both into muscle cars. I am considering swapping the hood on the GTO for the 2005 with hood scoops and adding some of the 2005 engine features to boost the HP from 350 to 400. We are also going to look at the Chevy Trail Blazer Joe Gibbs edition when it comes out. It is suppose to have 450HP, but I heard they are having issues with the Tahoe Joe Gibbs edition. The super charger is blowing the transmission. Our dream car is a 69 Corvette tri power.

i love old school muscle cars and the really new ones (like 2000+ camaro's, corvettes, mustangs, roadrunner, charger, etc, if you consider those muscle cars...some say they are performance :doh:). don't really like the 80's and 90's too much. the probably with me owning one is that i'm just a poor airman and can't really afford to buy a nice old school muscle car or a new one (obviously). i bought my car for 3500, and mods are really easy to get as well as really inexpensive. if i had my way, i'd pick up a buick grand national with mega boooooooooost!

Sweet ride. I know a kid that traded his 2002 LS1 WS6 for one of those.

My good friend has a 2000 black on black Camaro SS with the hurst shifter:drool: Damn, that thing is fun to drive! One of my favorite cars of all time. Its pretty much stock and yes, it has taken down a couple of Vettes;) Im a BIG Gran Turismo fan and Ill be picking up part 4 when it comes out. Hell, I still play parts 2 and 3 to this day. lol

Originally posted by afkidd

with NFSU2 out and GT4 just over the horizon, i was wondering if we got any car fans/car tuners out there. if you are one, list ur whip (y0).

mods are:

INTAKE

Homemade IC piping

K&N Filter

3" GM MAF

EXHAUST

Ported 2G Manifold

No Cat

TURBO

Big 16g

Joe P MBC

MONITORING

IGNITION

NGK Spark Plug Wires

NGK BRP7 Spark Plugs

FUEL

Wheels

my future mods are

dsmlink (for those who don't know, it's a 'standalone piggyback' fuel system. it uses the stock ECU, puts a chip in it, and let's you control timing, fuel, nitrous, even has neat features like a stutterbox, anti-lag, and all sorts of neat stuff. pretty much a standalone EMS without all the hassle. you can control it using a laptop (for the wow factor with the ricers) or just a palm pilot.

bigger fuel injectors

i do all my own work!

REPRESENT Y0 RIDE!

Nice ride! Gotta love that AWD;)

mods are:

INTAKE

Homemade IC piping

K&N Filter

3" GM MAF

EXHAUST

Ported 2G Manifold

No Cat

TURBO

Big 16g

Joe P MBC

MONITORING

IGNITION

NGK Spark Plug Wires

NGK BRP7 Spark Plugs

FUEL

Wheels

my future mods are

bigger fuel injectors

i do all my own work!

REPRESENT Y0 RIDE!

My DSM brother :cheers: :cool:

Most DSMer's do their own work on their car. Got to love the VFaqs ;)

Right now I have a 96 GSX. I had a 92 TSI and 91 GVR4 :D

I started modding them a while ago, like in 96-97. I actually went to one of the DSM Shootouts, I think in 98. I was driving my 92 TSI, and my best time was 12.8 with basically the same mods you have now, minus the FMIC.

I really wish I had kept the GVR4 though :( Those are sweet rides. The DSM Link should be nice. I used a datalogger in the GVR4...

Dam, you got me thinking if I have anything laying around you could use :laugh: Typical DSMer.

w3wt! a fellow dsmer! yea, if you got any spare parts around, i could always use them when something breaks (no if's, it's when something will break).

my buddy ran a 12.7 on the same mods besides the FMIC on his old eclipse gsx, but he was on race gas. i'm hoping for mid to high 12's with this setup on pump gas, but we only get piss water 90 octane here at lovely cannon afb. after i get tired of this turbo (which is pretty much now, just don't have the money), i'll get a new one (not sure what i'm going to get), and hope for mid 11's. i need more supporting mods and some other crap first tho.

right now i have a datalogger and MAFT, but i can't really tune it, because i've got a never ending boost leak. i just haven't had the gumption to get out and fix it, or make a leak detector.

w3wt! a fellow dsmer! yea, if you got any spare parts around, i could always use them when something breaks (no if's, it's when something will break).

my buddy ran a 12.7 on the same mods besides the FMIC on his old eclipse gsx, but he was on race gas. i'm hoping for mid to high 12's with this setup on pump gas, but we only get piss water 90 octane here at lovely cannon afb. after i get tired of this turbo (which is pretty much now, just don't have the money), i'll get a new one (not sure what i'm going to get), and hope for mid 11's. i need more supporting mods and some other crap first tho.

right now i have a datalogger and MAFT, but i can't really tune it, because i've got a never ending boost leak. i just haven't had the gumption to get out and fix it, or make a leak detector.

Haha. Always something to work on with a DSM. :laugh: I love them though, only cars I've owned.

I'l l definitely let you know if I have any spare 1G parts. I know I have a few misc 17" wheels hanging around. A couple of 97-99 17" GSX wheels, and some Modas... I'll have to get a pic of my car sometime for you.

I haven't been keeping up with the race scene too much anymore though. It's not as fun as it used to be, when not that many people were into it... Nowadays, you got a bunch of fart can Honduhs trying to race you. But back in the day, I used to race Vettes, Mustangs, and Porshes all the time. The only DSM vendors used to be Bushur and Extreme Motorsports, ah the old days :D But anyways, nice car man. I'm sure she pulls pretty well. :cheers:

!!! rims! definately needs some new rims. do you have some pics of the gsx rims and modas? all 4 of them or just 1 or 2? i just want some replacements for the heavy ass rims i got on right now, even though stock rims aren't really light, i don't like flashy rims that i have to worry about scratching. of course i'll throw a few bones ur way if they are what i'm looking for :-p

good old extreme motorsports...i ordered some couplings from them so i could get my FMIC connected. best price, but they ran out of stock...so i'm waiting on them before i can get my pipes the way i want them.

Originally posted by cfujskins

Sweet ride. I know a kid that traded his 2002 LS1 WS6 for one of those.

My good friend has a 2000 black on black Camaro SS with the hurst shifter:drool: Damn, that thing is fun to drive! One of my favorite cars of all time. Its pretty much stock and yes, it has taken down a couple of Vettes;) Im a BIG Gran Turismo fan and Ill be picking up part 4 when it comes out. Hell, I still play parts 2 and 3 to this day. lol

My favorite is the red seats. Check out the picture!

!!! rims! definately needs some new rims. do you have some pics of the gsx rims and modas? all 4 of them or just 1 or 2? i just want some replacements for the heavy ass rims i got on right now, even though stock rims aren't really light, i don't like flashy rims that i have to worry about scratching. of course i'll throw a few bones ur way if they are what i'm looking for :-p

good old extreme motorsports...i ordered some couplings from them so i could get my FMIC connected. best price, but they ran out of stock...so i'm waiting on them before i can get my pipes the way i want them.

I wouldn't recomend the 97-99 17" GSX wheels, but I do have 2 of them. They're the 10 spoke 17" wheels that came on the 97-99 GSXs and some of those new Eclipses. There's acutally a class action lawsuit against Mitsu about these wheels because they bend so dam easily. They look nice and are pretty light, but pray to God that you don't hit a pothole going more than 25mph :doh:

I think a have about 5 17" Moda wheels that are just your everyday 5 star kinda thing with Yokohama tires on them. And I think I have a couple of stock 16" wheels from the 92 TSI... Right now I got 18" wheels on drilled rotors, Ibach springs, and Tokico struts on my 96 GSX.

DSMs... Love and hate all wraped up in one. Dam money pits :D I remember on my old TSI, I even made a IC sprayer from this Misty Mate thing I found at KMart :laugh:

Man do I ever feel like a dinosaur! I'm from the era of adding

a medium to high rise intake, single or two 4-barrel carbs, Hooker

headers, some form of a Crane Cam, and dual exhaust.

As I've gotten older, I appreciate the value of cars that are kept

orginal. I will forever regret not buying either the '70 Boss 302 or '69 Boss 429 that I had a shot at....:doh1:

I laugh when my 13 year old son talks about the 20 inch wheels

and such. Cragar, Keystone, and American Mags where the rage

in my day. Of course you had to add a set of air shocks to the rear and raise the @$$ end up.

Oh the memories!

The super charger is blowing the transmission.

A problem GM has had for years now. They always try to push too much HP into a barely modifyed from stock trans, and transfer case.:doh:

the point for the 3" GM MAF is because the stock one on my car's are mega restrictive, while the 3" GM isn't really restrictive at all.

and i haven't taken the car to the track yet (if that's wht you mean by brackets)

I understand why you want the 3" MAF, I've been building race engines for many years. Cars and bikes. I was questioning Delco electronics, figuring there are better choices out there at this point. And yes, I was talkin about the track.

I love the import racing, but haven't followed it enough due to lack of time to know what's available right now.

Did a 91 Civic SI 3 dr when it was a little over two years old. TK Engineering (Brookfield Ct) supplied the hardware, and as always I did the rest. Lowered with ground effects, the intercooled turbo, chip, and pipes came as a kit. Head milled 0.5 mm, ported, polished, and flowed. Changed the cam timing for top end, and she would turn low 12's.

I've also done a Lancia Scorpion, Fiat 850, and an MG Midgit, but all these cars were for road racing, not the drags.

Originally posted by OM

Two I know of, anyway ...

Pete and Bang.

Your far too kind to group me with Bang my brother.

Originally posted by riggins44

Man do I ever feel like a dinosaur! I'm from the era of adding

a medium to high rise intake, single or two 4-barrel carbs, Hooker

headers, some form of a Crane Cam, and dual exhaust.

As I've gotten older, I appreciate the value of cars that are kept

orginal. I will forever regret not buying either the '70 Boss 302 or '69 Boss 429 that I had a shot at....

I laugh when my 13 year old son talks about the 20 inch wheels

and such. Cragar, Keystone, and American Mags where the rage

in my day. Of course you had to add a set of air shocks to the rear and raise the @$$ end up.

Oh the memories!

I'm right with ya bro. I'm feeling old.........................know anybody who needs a dry ice loader:doh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Pete

Did a 91 Civic SI 3 dr when it was a little over two years old. TK Engineering (Brookfield Ct) supplied the hardware, and as always I did the rest. Lowered with ground effects, the intercooled turbo, chip, and pipes came as a kit. Head milled 0.5 mm, ported, polished, and flowed. Changed the cam timing for top end, and she would turn low 12's.

That's a lot of work to get into the 12's :laugh:

That's the beauty of DSMs. Just a couple of bolt on's and you're there.

Has anyone tried any chips or modifications to a late model

Mustang GT? If so, what did you do and how did if perform

afterwards.

I got a guy trying to trade a '03 Rousch Mustang Stage III, which

his is only one of 50 built.

Got some friends that have added Banks systems to their

PowerStroke Diesels and the V10's.

One of the best modifications to a Ford SuperDuty truck is

to change the rear end cover to increase oil capacity.

my dsm is killing me. when i put my exhaust on, i couldn't get a bolt from the o2 housing off, so i tried to take off the turbo so i could have more leverage...big mistake, i sheared off a bolt. so i was running around with a big ass exhaust leak right before the turbo. now i'm hitting fuel cut like a mother...i tried to take off the turbo again so i can get to sheared bolt since it's only in the turbo (i think). well, probably is, i have a seized bolt in it. so there goes that.

so now i'm thinking about getting an SBR cast manifold attached to a GT-13 turbo...to do that, im going to need bigger injectors along with the DSMLink i planned on buying next month.

so basically my car is a fuel cut slut until i get either the exhaust leak fixed or get the new stuff on :(

my dsm is killing me. when i put my exhaust on, i couldn't get a bolt from the o2 housing off, so i tried to take off the turbo so i could have more leverage...big mistake, i sheared off a bolt. so i was running around with a big ass exhaust leak right before the turbo. now i'm hitting fuel cut like a mother...i tried to take off the turbo again so i can get to sheared bolt since it's only in the turbo (i think). well, probably is, i have a seized bolt in it. so there goes that.

If the bolt is in the turbo, and can't be extracted, you can drill it out, have it plug welded, and re-tapped. A top notch machine shop is the only place to have it done, and the turbo has to be torn down prior to welding.

Another fix is to drill out the broken bolt oversized, and tap the new hole. From there, you can either oversize the hole in the flange, or use a reduction stud if you have the access.

so now i'm thinking about getting an SBR cast manifold attached to a GT-13 turbo...to do that, im going to need bigger injectors along with the DSMLink i planned on buying next month.

so basically my car is a fuel cut slut until i get either the exhaust leak fixed or get the new stuff on :(

:laugh: Oh man... Next time go buy a O2 socket like you're supposed to.

You must be talking about the O2 sensor in the O2 sensor housing above the stock downpipe. Next time you could take the fans off of the radiator to give you more room. Man, you got to be more careful and take your time when you're doing anything on your car that you don't know how. Poor DSM :(

So there is no O2 sensor on your new downpipe? Is there just a hole there then? Why are you hitting fuel cut? Don't tell me you're trying to ball out your car with a hole in your downpipe...

Thank Mitsu for fuel cut, because I'm sure you would have blown your motor by now.

Archived