Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will this offseason reinforce CONSISTENCY or......

NoCalMike

Will Snyder and Cerrato bring Gibbs over to the darkside's way of thinking that the Skins are always just a free agent signing away from the superbowl? When we first hired Gibbs, not only did I know we were getting a proven winning coach back, but I felt that Gibbs would restore order, and bring back a winning culture to this franchise. I must say though, that the whole Brunell situation even to this day, was a punch to the mouth. Not just because Brunell has been crappy so far, but also because it seemed like Gibbs was lured by The Dan's tendency to look to free agency to solve the problems. Gone is a 3rd round pick, and we see what we are going to get for our money from Brunell. No one would have predicted Brunell would be THIS BAD, but today you can PLAINLY SEE that Ramsey can run this dink and dink offense just as good as Brunell and even bring a little more to it with the potential to go downfield. I hope starting with this offseason, we concentrate on Continuity and stop looking at Free Agency to be the answer. We need to build a TEAM here, not a group full of free agents. This is not to say that I am not happy with some of our pickups, however in the overall scheme of things, look at the teams that are winning, and notice how they don't have all these "BIG NAMES" at half the positions we do, but what they DO HAVE, is consistency, they have a TEAM that has been playing together for awhile, that know each other, that know how to play along-side each other. That is a TEAM, and is what the Skins have been MISSING since Daniel Snyder took over this organization. The fact that Smoot is undergoing contract talks, and Greg Williams said he wants to be with this team for awhile, is a very positive START, but it can't end there.

Originally posted by Renegade7

The o-line does need to be blow to pieces, Mike. Garnder needs to be gone as well. Will we go nuts like years past, doubtful. But we have areas of need that need to be filled.

Well don't get me wrong, I am not saying that we can't make moves, but what I am saying is that, assuming Gardner is gone, then that is fine, but we shouldn't automatically go looking for the highest, most lucrative FA WR out there, because that type of thinking hasn't been working. I think when Gibbs says, he wants "Redskins" for this team, Snyder and Cerrato need to take notice.

Also, we have to stop treating the draft like it is expendable. I am so afraid right now that Snyder and Cerrato are going to try and sign some high priced DE in the offseason instead of use(what will probable be a very high) draft pick to groom our own DE player.

As far as the O-line goes.....Randy Thomas & Jansen, I say are definately keepers. Samuels, I just don't know what to make of him. On one hand he has not been playing up to his levels from years past, but on the other hand, we would be letting go of a former probowler who is still in his prime years, and I would hate to see him go somewhere else and refind his talent. Dockery is another question mark. He has not played all that well, but he is also only in his second year and is in his second scheme in two years. Also, isn't Gibbs blocking style harder to learn then others, because your job is not done after the initial block? I dunno. I am just paranoid of the same ol' solutions being offered in the offseason.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Well don't get me wrong, I am not saying that we can't make moves, but what I am saying is that, assuming Gardner is gone, then that is fine, but we shouldn't automatically go looking for the highest, most lucrative FA WR out there, because that type of thinking hasn't been working. I think when Gibbs says, he wants "Redskins" for this team, Snyder and Cerrato need to take notice.

Also, we have to stop treating the draft like it is expendable. I am so afraid right now that Snyder and Cerrato are going to try and sign some high priced DE in the offseason instead of use(what will probable be a very high) draft pick to groom our own DE player.

Going after a lucrative FA wr isn't neccesary. With that high draft pick we should use it on our biggest need. Hate to break it to ya, but I believe that the biggest need is on the offensive line. I mean, even with the injuries, we have the #2 ranked D. And we don't have to take a DE with the top pick. We need dramatic changes on offense, not defense. :2cents:

Originally posted by NoCalMike

We need to work on improving both lines.

And I agree with you, Mike. I just feel the o-line needs more help then the d-line.

We should get a stud DE to go along that line in place of Daniels, who always seems to be out with an injury. Plus, we should develop the players we have as well. I like what I see from them. ;)

If we get a top 5 pick this year.

We need to trade down to the middle of the first. In that case we could get either Elton Brown G, of Virginia who is a beast or the DE from BC.

That should be our first round, and we need to get back the pick in the 2nd round. We probably should try and trade down twice in fact in the 1st

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

If we get a top 5 pick this year.

We need to trade down to the middle of the first. In that case we could get either Elton Brown G, of Virginia who is a beast or the DE from BC.

That should be our first round, and we need to get back the pick in the 2nd round. We probably should try and trade down twice in fact in the 1st

I can go with that. :cheers:

Originally posted by Renegade7

Going after a lucrative FA wr isn't neccesary. With that high draft pick we should use it on our biggest need. Hate to break it to ya, but I believe that the biggest need is on the offensive line. I mean, even with the injuries, we have the #2 ranked D. And we don't have to take a DE with the top pick. We need dramatic changes on offense, not defense. :2cents:

Our DL is our greatest need. The only reason our D is #2 is because of Williams' blitz packages. We would be even better if the DL could create its own pressure. We need to draft a DE. We should also draft OL and another in OL in free agency.

It would be nice if we could trade Gardner for a 2nd round pick and draft OL or WR. However, I feel Coles, Jacobs, and McCants would be good, but I feel we need another burner or freak like Mike Williams. However Williams won't be around in the 2nd round.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

Our DL is our greatest need. The only reason our D is #2 is because of Williams' blitz packages. We would be even better if the DL could create its own pressure. We need to draft a DE. We should also draft OL and another in OL in free agency.

It would be nice if we could trade Gardner for a 2nd round pick and draft OL or WR. However, I feel Coles, Jacobs, and McCants would be good, but I feel we need another burner or freak like Mike Williams. However Williams won't be around in the 2nd round.

Ah man, did you even watch the philly game? Our o-line got man-handled, and penalites from there helped kill us if not killed us all by themselves. The d is doing great without a stud DE, and we can still get one in FA. Both of the Jets DE's are avaliable, as is Darren Howard. What o-line are avaliable in FA?

Archived