Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

joe gibbs is.....

novascotiadiesel

Joe Gibbs is a winner, plain and simple, period. He is a winner not because of some special talent, or because of a gift that is unique and applicable only to one set of circumstances. He is a winner becasue he wants it so badly, because he has faith in himself, and because he has a formula that always and inevitably causes sucess,

-Make a plan

-work your guts out to the plan, don't waver and be a little fruit, crying, and runnig around like a chicken with youy head cut off as soon as somehting doesn't go the way you want it to, be resolute and determined,

-notice if what you are doing is working,

-change your plan till it does

That is what you have to "know" to be sucessful, and the man has proven time and time again that he can triumph no matter what the circumstances, no matter how great the adversity, and i have faith he will do so again,

now a question: who would you rather have here and how would they be doing better for the long term success of this organization? i am interested to hear any response, casue i asked to myself, and i can't think of anyone else i would want here for this mighty task.

He put us in this horrible situation with the Brunell move and his lack of game planning. He has no trust in his players and the team is playing not to lose opposed to playing to win.

I would like to see some passion in his approach. This nice guy act is getting old. Kick some of these players Xsses. We lost today based on his game planning and lack of creativity.

Originally posted by novascotiadiesel

Joe Gibbs is a winner, plain and simple, period. He is a winner not because of some special talent, or because of a gift that is unique and applicable only to one set of circumstances. He is a winner becasue he wants it so badly, because he has faith in himself, and because he has a formula that always and inevitably causes sucess,

-Make a plan

-work your guts out to the plan, don't waver and be a little fruit, crying, and runnig around like a chicken with youy head cut off as soon as somehting doesn't go the way you want it to, be resolute and determined,

That is what you have to "know" to be sucessful, and the man has proven time and time again that he can triumph no matter what the circumstances, no matter how great the adversity, and i have faith he will do so again,

now a question: who would you rather have here and how would they be doing better for the long term success of this organization? i am interested to hear any response, casue i asked to myself, and i can't think of anyone else i would want here for this mighty task.

I could have sworn I read this somewhere else. (I guess you thought it was worth repeating, ;) )

We lost due to poor execution and lack of discipline!We make the same mistakes over and over.False starts,holding,dropping passes, things that had nothing to do with the game plan. If we had executed who knows, we had plenty of opportunities.It is hard to explain, no matter who the coach is we find a way to lose.I have to agree Gibbs waited 3or 4 games too many to go to Ramsey.I don't understand the excuses he's making either. Crowd noise is part of football.Gibbs won championships under far more

adverse conditions than what they had to deal with today.I will always be a Redskin and a Joe Gibbs fan but I am very frustrated right now.

Originally posted by roachman

He put us in this horrible situation with the Brunell move and his lack of game planning. He has no trust in his players and the team is playing not to lose opposed to playing to win.

I would like to see some passion in his approach. This nice guy act is getting old. Kick some of these players Xsses. We lost today based on his game planning and lack of creativity.

O.k. Brunell was a mistake, didnt you think there would be a few along the way, but lack of game planning? This is one of, if not the hardest working coach in that league. He has to game plan for what he knows this team can do. He cant game plan to stretch defenses, well because.... We have not connected on deep passes all year. Now he has the future QB of this organization playing, do you honestly believe that he's going to turn PR lose like he is Brett Farve or something. His game plan was solid today, we move the ball, and though ultimitley it is the coaches fault, he didnt jump off-sides several times in the red-zone, he cant make the refs see that a player step out of bounds at a crucial point in the game, and he didnt drop any passes today either. Players have to be held accountable, and IF JG is not holding players responsible for their lack of focus during games, than that would be the only thing that I could blame him for.

we do have stupid players on the field sometimes , but we have to adjust a bit m we now have the same players from last year mostly only we have a bigtime back now , but yet we cant move the ball ...i blame everyone for today thats goes from gibbs playcalling at times to the mistakes some of our players made ...and even the refs gonna get soem blame with there bias flags

i cannot blame Gibbs still, he's done something magical in Washington, something no other coach has done here. I doubt he also had players commiting penalties and dropping balls and missing blocking assignments as much as these guys have. I admit, I was hoping to see all this great stuff you guys have seen in the past, crazy motions on offense, halftime adjustments, explosive passes and runs, insane defensive pressure. All ive seen is a good defense, and an offense that cant move. Oh well, I still hold hope, I never turn off or leave a redskins game before it is finished, ive lived through the losing years, one more will not hurt right now.

Originally posted by novascotiadiesel

-Make a plan

Well said. :cheers:

Gibbs is the hardest working coach in the NFL period...

This man is risking his health to bring the Skins back to respectability...

He has made some mistakes in his return by hiring most of his old staff and one questionable personnel move, but he has been out of the game for 12yrs...I look at his staff as a safety blanket this first year. He needed the familiarity and comfort of his guys to ease his transition back into a league he hasnt been a part of for 12yrs...

One personnel move is the one glaring mistake Gibbs has made...

Gibbs will make things right in the off season he will revamp his staff and his schemes, and hopefully he will be humble enough to bring in a GM he can trust to get REDSKIN type players...

If you look at this offense he doesnt really have the right personnel for a smash mouth running game. Now everyone wants him to go back to his Air Coryell days but this isnt the Rams offensive personnel this is the same O that ranked in the bottom half of the league 2yrs in a row in the Fun-N-Gun, an O that threw it all over the field.

Let Gibbs build character and chemistry within this team, he told everyone up front that this yr was to find his core group of guys to build on so let him do that.

Remeber you cant build a house without laying the foundation first.

Originally posted by roachman

You must not know Gibbs's style very well. Perhaps you should consider rooting for another team during his tenure.

Archived