Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that you've gotten your wish....

Redskins4ever

are you glad Ramsey is now starting?

For weeks, I've tried to be the ultimate, diehard Redskins fan, sticking by Gibbs and echoing much of what he was saying about the QB situation. Mark Brunell appears to be ousted and he may even be waived on June 1st next year unless he is willing to take a paycut or if he gets a chance to play again and his performance dramatically improves.

I was thinking like Gibbs at first, that it was the entire offense that was out of sync, that Brunell wasn't the problem......

UNTIL YESTERDAY. I couldn't believe my eyes. Mark Brunell looked like a beaten quarterback, one past his prime, and one who is definetly overpaid. Those numbers and that QB rating were just gruesome.

But now, I've gotten it through my head, that Brunell WAS the problem. I remember as a 13 year-old kid in 1985 being mad with Theismann because he was looking awful. But even Theismann back then wasn't as bad as Brunell is now.

Gibbs should have at least made the QB change after the Bears game, even if the'Skins did win that game. I say that because Brunell's performance was unsightly in that game, and Gibbs should have made the switch after that game at least.

So, to all of the Redskins fans who were screaming for Joe Gibbs to bench Mark Brunell in favor of Patrick Ramsey for all this time, I want to know if you are satisfied?

Originally posted by Redskins4ever

are you glad Ramsey is now starting?

For weeks, I've tried to be the ultimate, diehard Redskins fan, sticking by Gibbs and echoing much of what he was saying about the QB situation. Mark Brunell appears to be ousted and he may even be waived on June 1st next year unless he is willing to take a paycut or if he gets a chance to play again and his performance dramatically improves.

I was thinking like Gibbs at first, that it was the entire offense that was out of sync, that Brunell wasn't the problem......

UNTIL YESTERDAY. I couldn't believe my eyes. Mark Brunell looked like a beaten quarterback, one past his prime, and one who is definetly overpaid. Those numbers and that QB rating were just gruesome.

But now, I've gotten it through my head, that Brunell WAS the problem. I remember as a 13 year-old kid in 1985 being mad with Theismann because he was looking awful. But even Theismann back then wasn't as bad as Brunell is now.

Gibbs should have at least made the QB change after the Bears game, even if the'Skins did win that game. I say that because Brunell's performance was unsightly in that game, and Gibbs should have made the switch after that game at least.

So, to all of the Redskins fans who were screaming for Joe Gibbs to bench Mark Brunell in favor of Patrick Ramsey for all this time, I want to know if you are satisfied?

Am I satisfied? Yes....unfortunately, the move should have been made weeks ago.

I am glad Ramsey is starting. He now has almost a half a season to show what he can do.

Late? Sure ... and it's been frustrating. But if he can infuse some life into this team ove rthe course of the rest of the season things will look MUCH brighter in '05.

If not ... we'll have another interesting off-season.

Brunell wasn't THE problem, but he certainly was one of the biggest problems.

Gibbs still hasn't shown his offense can cut it in today's game, the line has suffered letdowns in interior blocking, and the receivers have had more than a few drops.

Changing to Ramsey is the quickest way to potentially get some production at QB, but it by no means SOLVES the problem of lack of total offensive production.

I disagree that Gibbs offense doesn't work. Gibbs adapts his offense to fit his players and what works in the NFL at the moment. Now, I am not saying that Gibbs hasn't made mistakes. Brunell being his biggest one of course. However, blame has to go to the players as well.

Dropped passes, Oline not performing. A TE that can't block. A RB missing a block that caused a fumble that turned around a Sunday night game. Both Portis and Gibbs have learned how to use him better. What plays work and what plays don't. Lastly, QB play I think is the biggest reason why we lose. Oline play is second. Dropped passes are third.

Yes. I am happy about getting Brunell out. But I am unhappy that the team is playing for next season at this point. Our season is over, and we are playing for nothing basically. Playing for practice for next season is about it. I have that preseason/offseason feeling and it seems like every year at this time I have that.

Just once I wish I had a whole season to cheer.

My only question is what took so long?

Because maybe Ramsey wasn't ready.

Yes, it needed doing long ago. and in my opinion the best time would of been the bye week. but maybe they didn't feel Ramsey was ready for it yet. that could be why they held off.

Rick Walker has a quote in one of Om's interviews where Ramsey supposedly said to him that he (Ramsey) was just beginning to get comfortable in the O. Maybe they were sucking it up with Brunell for as long as they could to bye Ramsey some time. They were looking long term versus short term.

I say that admitting that I wanted Brunell gone long long ago.

Soooooooo happy...

I went to bed last night feeling like we'd won. I really think that Ramsey for Brunell will make all the difference in the world.

Last night starting around the middle of the 3rd quarter, Ramsey started to hit the open receivers. And, they started catching the balls. I realize it was against a soft zone, but the problem hasn't been receivers getting open - they've been getting open; what hasn't been happening is our QB hitting them.

The protection needs work, sure. And we still have penalty problems. But every time I read someone saying that "Ramsey isnt'a a cure-all", or "don't expect the QB switch to turn everything around", I'm wondering more and more if that isn't the case.

No- not happy.

I think Ramsey had to take over-that I'm happy that has been done. I'm not happy how our WRs are dropping passes. I'm not happy how bad the O line is pass blocking despite one of the greatest line coaches taking over and the talent on the line. I'm not happy that Portis isn't given the chance to get 100 yds/game (we are 3-0 when he goes over 100+). I'm not happy that the D actually got toasted in the 1st half (although they played like our D in the 2nd half).

I won't be happy again until we win. Hopefully this week against the Eagles.

If the O-line continues to pass protect like it has so far, Patrick will not finish the season. He might not make it through Pennsylvania. The O-line is the most important part of ANY OFFENSE in the NFL. Always has been, always will be.

Patrick made some plays, and that's good. But most of the same problems were still there. Piss poor blocking, dropped passes, inaccurate passes, and penalties.

Poor O-line play has been our #1 problem all year.

Poor quarterbacking has been #2.

Poor WR play has been #3.

If the blocking doesn't improve, Patrick will be a sitting duck.

I believe that was what Joe was trying to avoid.

Hail to the Redskins!

:eaglesuck

Archived