Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys sign Hardy

Yomar

Hardy is a fine player. I think Dale was right when he mentioned Hardy's signing is similar to Armstead's in that both are fine players who should be helpful to our teams. Dallas is certainly attempting to shore up a defense that was statistically fine, but, ultimately very weak in that it couldn't create turnovers due to a fairly passive style.

With the additions we're seeing, they should be able to open it up a bit more and create more opportunities for quick change of possessions. I think the Cowboys are doing a fine job of addressing some of their weaknesses. If they get Jammer, I might start to worry a little :).

Pure, unfiltered speculation, but after signing Glover, Hardy and Westbrook, the Cowboys may look to offense in the draft after spending so much money on the D. If they do pick up Roy Williams, they will have themselves a pretty imposing D, depending on B. Westbrook and M. Edwards at the corners.

It's not bad speculation. I can't get it out of my head that Jones will make the mistake of calling Green or a receiver on draft day. When you've started making moves like the Cowboys have, it's best to finish them. Stack that defense as high as you can and focus on offense later.

If the Redskins get Trotter, I'm still going to give us the edge in offseason moves -- though I may still with Lewis being a huge move for us, despite my issues with him. Dallas is smart if they continue to solidify that defense. Just like we are. At the moment we are very close to having one of the mot dominating defenses in football.

We are NOT close to having the same type of offense even with a successful rookie QB. At least not this year. Given that, I'd like to have a defense so strong that a little ramp up time for the offense won't hurt us too bad. We'll see how it goes.

Art: A lot of us 'Boys fans are cautious to get too excited over this offseason until the draft is finally completed :D. While we are in position to select an excellent player, you never know if Jones is gonna panic and start trading all over the place.

For a while I thought Green was going to be our pick. But I doubt it now. Jones was quoted last week as saying our top pick is gonna be a guy who is going to come in and start immediately. He followed that statement up by saying that Emmitt will undoubtedly be our starting running back next season. I'm actually seeing Green's stock slide to the 2nd round on some mocks now (Fox Sports, for example). I could possibly see Jones trying to trade up from the 37th spot if Green is lingering around late in the 1st in hopes of landing him there.

I'm thinking it's Jammer or Williams at 6, with Buchanon a distant, but distinct, third possibility. Haynesworth and Stallworth could both be longshots. Gotta wonder about where Buchanon's head is though -- he showed up to Valley Ranch Friday wearing a Vikings T-Shirt. It was supposedly the only clean shirt he had :doh: .

It seems to me like what we're attempting to do is put in place a defense that can dominate and make plays, try to have a capable special teams unit, and then hope the O can gel under Carter & Coslet. Certainly everything hinges on the offenses' progression though.

Will Carter continue to develop from those games he had against you all, the Giants, and Niners? Could he show that sort of production on a weekly basis for us? Or will he struggle with the new offense next year and not progress as we would hope based on what he showed last year? Certainly that's the million dollar question in Big D right now. The encouraging sign, for us, is that Carter is out there at Valley Ranch every day, beating even Jerry to work in the morning despite not having to be there. It'll be interesting to see how everything falls in place.

I hope Green doesn't slip that far, because he would be a great addition for the Eagles...

As for Carter, he is the reason I still don't take the Cowboys too seriously, although their D will keep them in games...but Carter makes the Cowboys so one dimensional on O and while his speed is nasty, so is Lavar's

of course, the Skins QB, whomever he may be, won't instill fear into the hearts of D Coordinators around the league, but one would hope that is where the Spurrier factor comes in

I really hope JJ feels he's done with the defense. It's already good, we don't need him actually wising up and following through with it.

Westbrook isn't the answer at CB, IMO, he's done. He played well in '00, yet since then he hasn't shown he can cover speedy recievers consistently. He could do well if they continue to play that soft zone, I still won't trust him enough to have him face a #1 reciever.

Actually, I think JJ will pick Jammer at #6. Which may be a good thing, Jammer is too talented to play a soft zone. His skills are better used in man coverage. This would force Zimmer to make Edwards and the rest come out of those zones and really show what they've got. I don't think it would be pretty.

Didn't Edwards only get one INT last season?

The Cowboys really want Quentin Jammer bad, but I think they shot themselves in the foot when they signed Westbrook away from the Lions. Now the Lions have to replace Westbrook with another CB, and I think they will draft Jammer, which effectively screws up the Cowboy plans.

The Cowboys will then in turn draft SS Roy Williams. Although Roy Williams is a fine player, with Darren Woodson already at SS, Roy Williams will have to be moved to FS. Will he be as effective there? Who knows? The requirements for playing the centerfield FS position are not the same as those of SS. :D

I hope the Lions sign Harrington if not then them signing Jammer and the Cowpoke signing Wiliams would be sweet but would give them a very good secondary in the middle.

Hardy is a good solid pick up for them as was the Armstead upgrade for us.

This could signal the return of the NFC East with the skins and pokes back to their winning ways

Archived