Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

chad morton issues

Stone Cold

I'm not making excuses for Chad. He should have at least one return for TD under his belt by now on paycheck alone. However, our special teams are pretty awful on both sides. This is an area I hope is getting much address on the bye week and that Morton will benefit from it. Do or die for Chad this season.

Originally posted by Raub

Morton was decent out of the backfield last year on 3rd downs. Maybe he needs to do more of that. He needs to do something to earn his bucks. Hell, maybe they could come up with some plays that split him out wide or let him run a reverse or something. I dunno....

Chad Morton didn't do squat on first, second, thrid, or fourth downs last year.

Originally posted by Dan T.

I think the whole thing with B. Mitch was for him to sign with the 'Skins symbolically so he could retire a Redskin.

If he does suit up to play, rest assured we have a season's supply of burgundy and gold Depends waiting for him. :)

:logo:

To Morton's credit, he has had VERY little blocking and space to work with. However, there have been times when he either unecessariliy calls a fair catch or ackwardly plows in the nearest PT or kick coverage. I'm still going to give Morton the benefit of the doubt, but it's clear that is not producing. Right now, his only perk is his speed. He flashes potential, but hasn't yielding any game changing plays, which is what he's paid for...

Originally posted by Saint Joe

Chad Morton didn't do squat on first, second, thrid, or fourth downs last year.

Then you did'nt watch the games last year or your just straight hatin. Because I to agree that Morton does nothing for the team right now, but he was good coming out of the backfield last year.

I'm with Flex, Moton, on occasion, made some things coming out of the backfield last year. Gibbs may not like what he sees, or he feels the Skins would be too predictable with Morton in the lineup.

There was a time we were looking at Morton before he went to the Jets. We could have had him for a lot less back then.

umm it wont make sense for us to get rid of him... most of his money from the contract was in the signing bonus... like his yearly salary from now on is pretty low... well that is my understanding anyways... with out overall special team play i dont think any min. salary player would outperform morton for us to get rid of him

Archived