Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barrow of Pierce?

GoSkins420

This has got to be Pierece. A no brainer really. The defense has been excelling with him in the middle and there's no reason to break up a good thing.

Barrow may be able to work himself into the fold later in the season, but he just as easily might have another problem with his knee and miss more time.

Pierce has done very well and should be allowed to play until he plays himself out of the job or gets hurt.

I agree. Iwounder how much 3-4, if any GW has in his bag of tricks

I wouldn't be suprised to see a 3-4 type of scheme (although Williams won't call it that) somewhere, sometime this year. Could easily mix in Barrow, Arrington, Pierce, Washington or Marshall (hey he's played well while LA has been injured) in a rotation.

Originally posted by Chipper

I think pierces success is system credited. Barrow may even end up playing better once healthy. It's scary to think how good our D has been without so many key players.

Parcially, but I think that Pierce Sucsess isn't because the system makes anyone look good, but because he fits the system, and has bought into it.

Pierce has skills, and it is no suprise to me that he is doing so well. There were alot of people who didn't want us to sign Armstead, so Pierce could play.

As for Barrow, I think they will split 50/50, and that would be good. Barrow is a REALLY good player, he had the whole playbook memorized BEFORE training camp.

Originally posted by atlhawksfan

What you'll probably see is Pierce moving outside, Arrington or Washington at DE, and Barrow at MLB. Obviously this wouldn't be a base package but I'm sure we'll see that so that everyone will be involved.

Why should we be worried about keeping them all on the field at the same time? Lets go for something we haven't had all year...depth and we can stop dying out as much in the fourth since the offense keeps them on the field all game.

If it ain't broke...

However I like the idea of using Washington or LA at DE sometimes. That could really create some problems for the offense, especially if we blitz during those plays. Pierce has played well and there is no reason for him to give up his spot. I mean if Brunell can stink up the joint and still not get benched for Ramsey, Pierce should be safe.

Originally posted by Chipper

Why should we be worried about keeping them all on the field at the same time? Lets go for something we haven't had all year...depth and we can stop dying out as much in the fourth since the offense keeps them on the field all game.

couldnt agree more, look at the depth of the patriots, that's why they are as good as they are

Going to go with Barrow if he's healthy. I know Pierce has played well but if Barrow's knee's is back to near 100% it certainly can't hurt to give him a shot. It's easy enough to put Pierce back in if he doesn't play well but just how great would it be if he played better than Pierce has.

Originally posted by Zuck

Hmm, Barrow of Pierce. I think I'll take the Cream of brocolli.

Rack of lamb

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs

2 tablespoons minced garlic

2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 (7 bone) rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Move oven rack to the center position.

In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil to moisten mixture. Set aside.

Season the rack all over with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy oven proof skillet over high heat. Sear rack of lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes. Brush rack of lamb with the mustard. Roll in the bread crumb mixture until evenly coated. Cover the ends of the bones with foil to prevent charring.

Arrange the rack bone side down in the skillet. Roast the lamb in preheated oven for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on the degree of doneness you want. With a meat thermometer, take a reading in the center of the meat after 10 to 12 minutes and remove the meat, or let it cook longer, to your taste. Let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs.

Gotta go with Pierce, good example, during last weeks game they showed Pierce physically moving Marcus Washington over to cover the outside run on a crucial 3rd down play. Washington ended up being in perfect position and made the tackle easily. I remember because when he was celebrating I was thinking Pierce probably just quietly headed over to the sidelines. Kind of like the anti Ray Lewis.

Pierce has been the most pleasant suprise in this 2-4 start so far, in my opinion. I think Gibbs knows he has found something special in him. Middle linebackers in a 4-3 have to be leaders, hopefully he is locked under contract for a while.

Archived