Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

30 States Want To Ban Abortions

visionary

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

I and my wife are totally against abortion, but who are we to tell somebody what they can and can not do? Why can't people worry about themselves and not what everybody else is doing?

I guess because, at least at some point, it's NOT THEIR OWN BODY.

Can I beat my kid(ok, i don't have one, it's hypothetical) 'cuz he's 'mine?'

Does emerging from the vagina or incision in the uterus confer rights that did not exist just moments prior?

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

I guess because, at least at some point, it's NOT THEIR OWN BODY.

Can I beat my kid(ok, i don't have one, it's hypothetical) 'cuz he's 'mine?'

Does emerging from the vagina or incision in the uterus confer rights that did not exist just moments prior?

Is this hypothetical child embedded in your hypothetical uterus?

Originally posted by Chopper Dave

Is this hypothetical child embedded in your hypothetical uterus?

And the second part of that post asked the question:

Are rights suddenly conferred on a baby upon emerging from the birth canal or the cut-open womb? When does the baby's right to exist begin?

Remember, I'm a moderate libertarian pro-life person. I'm not for laws against the sovereignty of a human over the boundaries of their body, except in certain circumstances. Does a more fully developed fetus/baby have rights at all?

And do we distinguish between embryos and more developed, fully functional fetuses? (I do, but others don't. )

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

I and my wife are totally against abortion, but who are we to tell somebody what they can and can not do? Why can't people worry about themselves and not what everybody else is doing?

Sounds like the Catholic response to slavery in the late 1700s.

from a woman's perspectiove, i think there are a lot of things that need to be changed about US abortion laws. I think its horrible that a 16 year old girl can go out and get an abortion in a clinic without her parents knowing. and i think its horrible that a woman can have an abortion without the father having absolutely no say on the matter

I think this does one very very very important thing.

It makes people understand that overturning Roe does not make abortion illegal.

I hope each state decides that it should be legal and unfettered in any form. And also completely free of a single govt penny.

Let those who want them have them. If it is a sin, they will meet a bigger judge later in their existence.

Let those who dont want to perform them have that choice. But keep them from receiving money for the state as well.

This shouldnt be a complicated issue.

Archived