Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deep Thoughts with bsmss: Season is Over (merged)

bsmsss

it is not the obvious. this season is not done. screw all of you that think that. and get the hell off this site while you are at it.

i have never more ashamed. just b/c gibbs comes back doesn't mean we will AUTOMATICALLY start winning every game. this is not the end of the season. we are 1-3. we were 0-5 a few years ago and then we went 5-0. what in the hell are you thinking?

you fair weather fans make me sick. you should all go team hop every year and get on board with the defending super bowl champs. of course until they lose then you can pick another team to cheer for. how can you call yourselves redskins fans?

Eff all the bandwagoneers.

I am almost glad this is happening. Yeesh, did I really say that?

Anyways, this loss sucks. It really effin blows, but everyone already thought the story had been scripted and that everything would just play out as we all expected.

Well folks, meet life! SH*T HAPPENS.

You think every great team hasn't played down or had a slow start? Especially when you are a new coach (hall of fame mind you) on a team with umpteen new starters on both sides of the ball.

You wanna balme somebody?

take some time to look in the mirror first.

in 2-3 yrs the skins might be facing a sf problem--our cap hit is going to be unreal in 3 yrs

we better win soon or else we will be just like sf

potis,jansen,arrington,brunnell,coles etc are taking up huge cap space

dont forget samuels and smoot are free agents

the future is now not 2007

Totally disagree......do you have any proof of this?

Too many variables come into play......how much the cap will go up by? How many free agents will we be looking to sign in the future (I don't believe we will be heavy shoppers in the next few years)?

We only have a few free agent next year (Smoot and Pierce being the main ones), the cap will go up, a lot of the roster bonuses we have to pay out in 2006 have language in them to allow for pro rating and some guys with high salaries won't be here then.

The only major cap problem I see for us in the next year or so is Chris Samuels, who can void after 2005 and excelerate his signing bonus. I believe our FO will sort that problem out this off season.

Originally posted by IAMBG

You think every great team hasn't played down or had a slow start? Especially when you are a new coach (hall of fame mind you) on a team with umpteen new starters on both sides of the ball.

You wanna balme somebody?

take some time to look in the mirror first.

I think this would be a lot easier to swallow if we hadn't seen Parcells completely revitalize Dallas last year. They had the same record we did last year and much less talent on both sides of the ball. Plus he implemented a new system just as Gibbs has done, but HIS guys didn't struggle so much picking it up.

Clearly it can be done. I absolutely believe we could have gone 10-6 this year with the right game planning, the right system, the right players. Parcells proved that last year.

Many of us Skins fans just can't understand why Gibbs can't do the same, RIGHT NOW. How often did we hear about his ability to put togther a team on short notice, as in the strike season? He's got all the tools now. Snyder spent the money, we got the coaches we wanted. We targeted the free agents that were desired.

If they can do it, why can't we? And it has nothing to do with player turnover. Plenty of teams go through that and still win. Anytime a coach brings in a new system it's like they're all starting over with new guys anyway.

And please don't put it on the fans. I can look in the mirror without an ounce of guilt. I cheer my *ss off every home game and never boo the guys, so matter how cr*ppy they play.

the cap went up 5 million this season, I think it will only increase at least 3-4 million every season. Going by that, 3 seasons from now we could have 9-12 million more in cap space. Plus, Samuels is our largest hit, im sure hes gonna get a typical high bonus, low early salary contract this offseason, or we're gonna cut him. Smoot, he may ask for a lot, I hope we can hold him. Other than our rookie draft pick or whoever we trade our first round pick for, and maybe some sorta d-line help(though I wonder if we really need it with Warner and Evans in there), I dont think we'll have any major acquisitions.

McMetal.....good post....

I'm growing rather weary of pimply 20 year olds conjuring the golden years of Gibbs and questioning the loyalty of fans who have been following the team a lot longer. blow it out your rear quarter punks!

the team is playing badly. these are professionals getting paid a lot of $$$$. fans can hope for the best, remain optimistic...but expect competence here and now. it aint about bandwagons - it's about setting standards and achieving them. now...I do not know and cannot account for what levels of personal excellence you strive for in your own professional lives. but some of us actually set high standards and look for measured progress toward those goals. others make excuses.

no one is abandoning the Skins. some are demanding better than we have received. that is the difference. and if you can't see that - then you are the fair weather fans.

Originally posted by bsmsss

in 2-3 yrs the skins might be facing a sf problem--our cap hit is going to be unreal in 3 yrs

we better win soon or else we will be just like sf

potis,jansen,arrington,brunnell,coles etc are taking up huge cap space

dont forget samuels and smoot are free agents

the future is now not 2007

Bsmsss, please don't cloud the best posting board with doubt like you do on the Skins AoL boards. We've been through this "Cap Hell" many times before. I will believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by McMetal

I think this would be a lot easier to swallow if we hadn't seen Parcells completely revitalize Dallas last year. They had the same record we did last year and much less talent on both sides of the ball. Plus he implemented a new system just as Gibbs has done, but HIS guys didn't struggle so much picking it up.

Clearly it can be done. I absolutely believe we could have gone 10-6 this year with the right game planning, the right system, the right players. Parcells proved that last year.

Many of us Skins fans just can't understand why Gibbs can't do the same, RIGHT NOW. How often did we hear about his ability to put togther a team on short notice, as in the strike season? He's got all the tools now. Snyder spent the money, we got the coaches we wanted. We targeted the free agents that were desired.

If they can do it, why can't we? And it has nothing to do with player turnover. Plenty of teams go through that and still win. Anytime a coach brings in a new system it's like they're all starting over with new guys anyway.

And please don't put it on the fans. I can look in the mirror without an ounce of guilt. I cheer my *ss off every home game and never boo the guys, so matter how cr*ppy they play.

Good points, but remember Parcells also brought in some of his old players with whom he was familiar with (Anderson, Glenn, Young - though he didn't really do much). There was also Campbell who he knew but hadn't coached yet. Now in year two he's brought in even more of the old gang with Vinny and Keyshawn. Parcells knows the players he's working with and what makes them go. Gibbs hasn't had the luxury of bringing in familiar players. All those Cowboys might be up there in age but they're still valuable contributors to the team. In the humble opinion of this Dallas fan it's only a matter of time before Coach Gibbs gets the ship righted in DC. For all those jumping off the wagon now I'd hope you get a big "NO ENTRY" sign thrown in your face when you try to hop back on eventually. If you're a fan of the team stick it out no matter the record.

Originally posted by McMetal

Good then. And I see your point clearly.

I for one don't see this season being over. I never expected a superbowl. I never expected a deep playoff run, but yeah, sure I was hoping that the playoffs would be in reach. I still have hope. That's the homer in me. Is that likely? Not really.

What the true test will be is going whether or not this team can pull itself out of this mess, beat these teams coming up in the scedule, which are much tougher than the first four, and gain some respect. I think it was rediculous of us to expect that from the first quarter against TB that we would look like the 83 Skins. Alot of people were expecting that. You can't deny that.

Also, alot of people based their expectations on what they heard of Gibbs. "He's a god, greatest coach ever, hall of famer, can walk on water..." etc. etc. Many fans don't remember those days. Hell, I was very young back in '83 but remember just about all of it fairly well. Growing up in DC with the family I was raised in, it was all about the Skins. Still is even if we are spread about the east coast. You've got bandwagon peeps, young peeps, and peeps that are just getting into football all grappling on the coattails of the Skins when they could give two sh*ts before. So that irks me when those types are calling for heads.

Obviously I am p*ssed. I am tired of the columns, and everything else I just mentioned, but one thing remains, my expectation of not really having any expectations because I love this team no matter what.

Originally posted by bsmsss

gibbs looks lost

his offense is boring

brunnell is done

(didnt len p say that)-he is right

dan whats next--hire another coach

we have no qb--thats a problem

portis was a product of the system--hmm all were right again

we cant beat the browns--horrible--just horrible

Ah bsmsss, good to see you again.

I remember your garbage posts clogging up the AOL boards like it was just yesterday.

I see you're still up up your old tricks. Still spewing enough negativity to make Sally Jenkins look like a Redskins cheerleader.

Do us all a favor and spare this great site from your typical routine.

Originally posted by Monte51Coleman

If any of you who have given up have good lower level tickets for the Green Bay game would you please PM me?

That's a great idea, those of you who have given up, please hook us faithful fans up with some tickets! You're probabley the same fans that are leaving the games before halftime.

Archived