Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Wins again....

Pete

After the second red flag rain delay, the race was called with Tony Stewart in the lead. This is Tony's second win due to a shortened race this season. Tony led the most laps, and may not have made it to the end on the fuel he had left. Last year he ran out of fuel with 3 laps left.

[edited.gif by Pete on July 09, 2000.]

Pete,

I don't know if you got my crazy email that I sent you

but either way disregard since I'm back on now. The only thing that is regrettable is having to start over as a Waterboy, and lose credit for the 101 posts I done previously. Well, in any event, thanks.

Gibbs has a guardian angel over him, and it's not a surprise since he's a christian. Kinda' reminds me of the two strike shortened seasons, the day he picked Timmy Smith to be the running back in the SB, and also the day he named Brian Mitchell as his return man. They all worked and now he's doing it like you said, again.smile.gif

Indy, yes I got your email, and had passed it along to DH. That's a bummer about the credits.

Joe is blessed for sure.Some say luck is a blessing, although I think they erned this one. What we need is for Snyder to start a CART team, and lure Joe into giving up on NASCAR. Since he has ties to Fed-X now, and they are the main sponsers for cart, it's a natural. I could see a race being run in the parking lots of Fed-X Field as they did at the Medowlands for many years.

#*^@^X>U% wake up Pete, your dreaming again.

A tough day of racing at Loudon indeed. It would seem that the heavens open up and the tears of rain flowed forth in memory of Kenny Irwin. How fitting it would be to have one of Kenny's toughest competitors on the track win the race. Tony Stewart mentioned how both he and Kenny came up through the various driving and racing leagues to reach the NASCAR Winston Cup curcuit. Congratulations Tony and Godspeed Kenny Irwin. NASCAR has lost a very special driver.

• 6 years later...
Joe is blessed for sure.Some say luck is a blessing, although I think they erned this one. What we need is for Snyder to start a CART team, and lure Joe into giving up on NASCAR. Since he has ties to Fed-X now, and they are the main sponsers for cart, it's a natural. I could see a race being run in the parking lots of Fed-X Field as they did at the Medowlands for many years.

I can see at least a couple of problems with this right off.

Snyder would refuse to put in the necessary extra portapotties to handle a CART crowd, and for sure he and Vinny would bring in washed up big-name pit crew guys and pay them way too much.

Snyder would refuse to put in the necessary extra portapotties to handle a CART crowd, and for sure he and Vinny would bring in washed up big-name pit crew guys and pay them way too much.

We'd also have Brunell driving....;) :logo:

Bored much? Digging up six and a half year-old tailgate threads?

Archived