Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rain in the forecast...

halter91

I'm really hoping it won't rain for the game. As of 2am today the lastest 24h progs have Jeanne on the Georgia/South Carolina border as a tropical depression. The forecast is for widely scattered showers to develop in the afternoon (30% chance) and hvy rain developing Monday night into Tuesday. I'm hoping the heavy stuff holds off until after the game but it doesn't look like it will.

So you can expect light rain at gametime with it picking up to moderate/heavy rain around the 4th qtr...

Forecast from NOAA for the DC Area

Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 71. East wind between 8 and 13 mph.

Tonight: Periods of rain, mainly after 1am. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Low around 66. Light wind becoming east between 11 and 14 mph.

Tuesday: Periods of rain. Chance of precipitation is 80%. High around 74. East wind between 10 and 14 mph.

Originally posted by WallyG3

Does anyone think the forecast might affect the turnout, and thus the 12th man advantage?

I don't think so, because it won't be raining that much kickoff time. Most of the game could be mainly dry.

Wet conditions probably aren't a good thing for a running back who makes a lot of quick cuts like Portis. Those conditions seem to favor RB's with size and a more direct running style.

I can see Clinton slipping all over the place tonight. Mother Nature...no rain tonight PLEASE!!!!!!!??!!!!

So does this mean it doesn't rain and snow in Denver? He seemed to do a pretty good job there in the elements....

Portis will be fine.

Originally posted by Aikmaniac

On the contrary, I believe Eddie George will play really good in these conditions. Keep in mind that Troy Hambrick looked like an All-Pro out there last season.

Key phrase "last season" Times have changed. Who's the #1 D in the NFL? :doh::moon::finger:

Archived