Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins' Comments on Gibbs

mlindsey13

easy, easy, easy...he's just making a point, that maybe Gibbs isn't fully into it yet. Gibbs is really into it, but maybe not at the level that Gibbs sets for himself...I think this game Monday will prove a lot of things, hopefully set us in the right direction and total team commitment...we can't be that commited if we turn it over 7 times...I have a feeling week 3 will be different than week 2.

Riggins is actually pretty sharp when it comes to his observations about the Redskins. If anything, he's been too optimistic over the years, but when he does have something critical to say, he's usually pretty close to the mark. He probably just not used to seeing a Gibbs-coached team make that many mental errors.

Originally posted by Potato Sack

I actually have to agree with Riggins a little bit. However, maybe it's not about his mind being elsewhere. Perhaps he's trying to shake off the rust himself. Maybe, also, defenses are a bit quicker than he had expected and he's trying to adjust to that.

Exactly. I think there's a learning curve here, and we should expect there to be signs of it. I think Sunday was a big neon one.

Does anybody really think that the turnovers were a result of something that the coaches were not prepared for? On Brunell's INT the right play was called but he couldn't make the play. Ramsey had a good look towards the corner of the endzone but didn't get it there, he had a breakdown with Coles on a route that led to another. I did not get the impression that the offense was confused by anything they saw last Sunday.

Originally posted by SonnyRules

Riggo sais he thought Gibbs was conflicted; he's here, but his mind is somewhere else.

Don't know where he got that from. Gibbs always committs 200% to everything he does.

This is purely my own opinion but i think Riggo is implying that Gibbs mind is also conecentrating on NASCAR.

I saw the gibbs report on nbc with george michaels and sunny jurgenson. The last segment was about Gibbs nascar team and Nascar in general. Gibbs was saying, its hard when u lose to the giants like the way we did and then have your car wrecked in NAScar the same day. Gibbs wasnt happy. i'll tell you that much.

I hope this is not true but if gibbs is maybe giving 10 or 20 % of his mind on NASCAR, i would be very disappointed.

Again, this is my own personal opinion.

I'm sure that after 12 years away there is some rust that Gibbs needs to shake off, but I agree that this Monday's game will be a true test to see where Gibbs and more importantly, this team is. I expect Gibbs, the entire coaching staff, and the players to respond to last sunday's game with an effort that fans here haven't seen in a while on Monday night.

Besides, if there is one team out there that Gibbs hates losing to more than any other its the Cowgirls!!

:wewantd: :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck

I love Riggins and find him amusing as hell.

But, may I ask when, precisely, a man who lives in New York and has no actual internal contact with the Redskins as an organization -- if you'll recall, he once watched training camp from the stands rather than as a VIP -- is "sharp" with his insight about things things that go on here?

Riggins is funny. I don't know that he's sharp either when he's positive or negative. I think most people here, on this board, more closely follow what's going on with the Redskins than Riggins does.

We all love Riggo but he makes his share of dumb comments. Let us not forget the Irving Fryar mess a few years ago.

Riggo is not on these shows because of his knowledge of the team, as I'm not sure he even watches many games living in New York. He's on because he is a legend and he's funny.

Archived