Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When S.Taylor will be our starter ???

sitting bull

He starts this week, w/o question. Gibbs already praised him for his performance in the Giants game.

Moreover, Lott, not Bowen, was responsible for that big TD pass. It was play action, and he bit up terribly. That left Bowen in what looked to be a cover 2 one on one w/ Carter as he took the inside seam. Lott was caught playing the run, while Bowen was fully expecting him to help over the top. He can't give up those type of plays and expect to be a starter.

Originally posted by afparent

Didn't you know....ST is having a coming out party

WHERE: FEDEX FIELD

WHEN: 27 Sep 04

TIME: 9:05 pm

Be there or miss the beginning of a HOF career

I love it.

Let's not knock Andre Lott. he has played solid. And apparently has shown more in practice than S. Taylor and that is why he gets the start, but you have to think that Sean Taylor will start this week...MeShawn gets stuck to the turf...

To not yet start Taylor does seem overly conservative.

The Jets are starting a 5th round rookie at safety: Erik Coleman. So far he's had 2 INTs (including a game-clinching one), a fumble recovery, was voted Rookie of the Week in W1, and nominated again in W2.

Safety is certainly a position where a rookie can make an immediate impact. Taylor's got way too much talent to not be on the field full time.

With bigger receivers like Meshawn, Bryant and Glenn and a big, fast TE like Witten, it makes more sense that Taylor would get more playing time whether he starts or not.

I expect Vinny to continue to try to go over the middle so Taylor will have a chance to make his presence known. Meshawn has taken some licks the first two games and I'd love to see that trend continue.

Originally posted by Oldskool

He’ll start when he’s ready. Not a moment before or after.

Apparently we are in no rush to start him.

Taylor was born ready.

He's a playmaker. He creates turnovers. He's done that throughout college, he did it throughout preseason. And if our offense continues to struggle, we're going to need as many turnovers from our D as we can get. Lott has played decent, meaning not giving up big plays, and tackling but he's not the playmaker Taylor can and will be.

Originally posted by sitting bull

I have ST in my fantasy team and he didn't play a lot :mad:

Ahhh, the truth comes out about all this Sean Taylor hype. I didn't get it at first, but now it makes sense. What will decide whether this kid plays more or not is how he is doing in practice. He already started behind the curve ball before the Tampa game, having to miss practices and not picking up the slack afterwards. Until he looks comfortable with a defense package in practice, guess what... the kid won't be in that package come game time. He played more last game then he did against the Bucs and I'm sure the same will be true next game as well.. but I doubt he'll be in the most of the game until closer to midseason.

I dont see how you could blame that TD on Lott. Apparently they were in a cover 2 zone. I saw Lott (correctly) pick up and pass off Carter to the safety and then go back to cover his zone. I dont know if a RB or TE was threatening his zone or not though. If there was no threat then you could assign some of the blame to Lott. Otherwise the onus is all on Bowen for biting (hard) on the corner route fake.

I'm not going to knock Williams' defensive unit, as these past two weeks are the best defensive performances we've seen in awhile here in DC.

On the other hand, Taylor definately has the skills to pay the bills, and it has to be only a matter or time before he gets the starting nod and the bulk of the playing time.

Riggotoni Wrote: He'll see more action, since he's the only guy we have with the ability to match up against Meshawn.

I think Springs matches very well w/ KJ. I also think Sean Taylor will start this Monday night. He will very quickly become the most feared, praised and talked about safety in football.

Time to let the young dog of the chain! :point2sky

Originally posted by Saqs

I dont see how you could blame that TD on Lott. Apparently they were in a cover 2 zone. I saw Lott (correctly) pick up and pass off Carter to the safety and then go back to cover his zone. I dont know if a RB or TE was threatening his zone or not though. If there was no threat then you could assign some of the blame to Lott. Otherwise the onus is all on Bowen for biting (hard) on the corner route fake.

Whoa pal. If you are talking about who bit on the play fake, then you have to see that it was Lott that got sucked way up in run support. There were no WRs around him; beyond that, it appeared that he was occupying the same zone as either Smoot or one of the LBs!

He blew his coverage, and he knew it as he was running back to make a play on the ball. Bowen was expecting help on the inside from him, as he should have had. Lott's fault.

Archived