Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Considering the play of Ramsey and Brunell, anyone think Hasselback should be #2

mh83

I really don't think so yet, but this is very concerning to me. As has been said a million times, Brunell has nearly no ability to throw deep, and too often when Ramsey throws deep the ball is intercepted, I also notice that Ramsey and Brunell sometimes hold onto the ball to often when their in the pocket, and do not make enough of an effort to get to the outside where they can throw the ball out of bounds (more so with Ramsey) if this continues, in the comming weeks I believe moving Hasselback to the #2 spot has to be an option, again I hope this is a mute point, and we destroy Dallas.

On a positive, yesterday was another good game for Antonio Pierce, the guy is really showing me something this season.

:wewantd:

Timmy is a smart guy, he is good at reading the defense, he is kinda quick and good on his feet. He's a good leader and has lots of poise.

But he just lacks the arm strength to be in there most of the time, its sad to see someone that has everything but the arm strength, which is something you cant teach really. But it wouldnt be long before defenses would notice he isnt strong enough to throw the deep out, and stuff like that so they would be jumping routes all over the place.

Yeah, but Brunnel's arm strength isn't doing much for me. He looks like an old, smart QB with a dead arm. If that's true, they spent too much on him. TH is at least a younger version of the same, though substitue "weak" for "dead." His hamstring should at least hold out longer. All of this moot though, given the kind of money Brunnel and Ramsey are playing. If either can walk, they will play -- over TH.

Originally posted by I.M. Fletch

Arm strength is overrated. There have been many successful QB's with less than strong arms. Joe Montana, Jeff Garcia, and Rich Gannon are just a few.

Yes..arm strength is sometimes overrated...but you still need

some kind of arm. Unfortunately for Hasselback...he has no

arm strength..at all.

Arm strength is overrated. There have been many successful QB's with less than strong arms. Joe Montana, Jeff Garcia, and Rich Gannon are just a few.

All three of those guys have stronger arms than Timmy.

Not sure where the comparison is there.

When he was younger Mark had a arm but time has just caught up to him.

Shame that Timmy does not have the arm to go with his heart and game playing ability.

Originally posted by I.M. Fletch

All of whom run a short-pass oriented WCO. All would flop in a vertical passing offense, which is exactly what Gibbs' offense is built on.

Archived