Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

G'day!

SkinnedAussie

Crikey, seems like I've found a new home, but am so far away.

Can I just say that living so far away (Australia) makes it rather difficult to stay up-to-date with what's happening with the Skins, and if it wasn't for the internet, I'd still be wandering aimlessly.

Didn't know much about your game whilst I was growing up, but the day I watched the Super Bowl, live on the tube, where Doug Williams and co. tore the Broncs new ones, I was hooked.

I don't expect to post much due to my lack of knowledge (I do know enough to explain the game to newbies though), but look forward to everyone's indepth and, being Redskins fans, highly intelligent banter.

Well, I'm off to chuck another shrimp on the barby, and to blow the froth of a Fosters or 12.

PS. Welcome home Coach. :respect:

A friend of mine is in Australia right now in school. He says none of the locals drink Fosters, they all say it's crap. I'm sure they brew it locally in AU but if you look at a can from the U.S. it says it's brewed in Canada and imported through Reston, VA.

But at the same time if I posted on a board in another country I'd say I was drinking a Budweiser and smoking a Marlboro, so who knows.

Originally posted by SkinnedAussie

LOL WallyG3.

We don't, we export it the US, but wasn't sure if you know what a VB is. If you don't, a VB is another beer known as Victoria Bitter.

Preferred drink is Jack Daniels, but that's only for serious partying.

VB. Now that's more like it.

:cheers::pint:

:welcome:

Welcome Aussie.

It's good to have that part of the globe covered.

(I was under the impression the Aussies weren't so picky about their drinks ... the quantity over quality thing. Don't know where I got that, though. Probably the damned TV.) :)

Originally posted by Brave

Welcome Aussie.

(I was under the impression the Aussies weren't so picky about their drinks ... the quantity over quality thing. Don't know where I got that, though. Probably the damned TV.) :)

Mate, here, you start the night with quality, then comes the quantity.

rdsknbill, I used to be a Beam drinker, but after touring the US in '92 and visiting the Jack distillery, I was converted.

I'm am truly an Aussie, but my opening post was written in a way that I thought would break the ice and that Americans could relate to.

But, you are right. Shrimp are called prawns down here, and it can be quite difficult to get a Fosters, but they are gettable.

Need more proof? Ask me something only an Aussie would know.

When someone goes on walkabout, it means to travel by foot across the country.

The aborigines are best known for this, as they often go on walkabout in search of bush tucker (food). They often carry boomerangs and spears and hunt kangaroo and goanna.

When Mick Dundee says he goes on walkabout, it means that he goes out into the scrub to get away from the stresses of life, and to live off the land.

Archived