Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Mentorship Program

skinsfan12

I thought I read that Gibbs indicated or strongly implied that he was going to prep an apprentice or get us on solid footing and hand over the reigns to someone else. What about his son? He also indicated he got back into football because his son wanted to get into it. And, he handed over his NASCAR business to his other son. I'd think he might want to repeat this pattern in football.

I can't see his son being qualified enough to take this job in 4 or 5 years. Joe Gibbs coming back helped his son get his foot in the NFL coaching door, but a position like head coach is a long ways away.

I could see the Gregg Williams scenario working. That is, if some team doesn't snap him up before then.

Let's hope that we have both Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams here for a long while. HTTR!!! :logo:

Originally posted by Mufumonk

My guess is that he molds Williams into a better HC, and preps Coy to takeover the reigns as OC.

Id say by Gibbs last season here (whenever that may be) you'll see Coy as either assistant O line coach or an assistant OC.

If Williams can learn from Gibbs and impress Dannyboy, he too can have a HC job making $5mm +/year.

I dont think Coy is going to be ready for any HC job in 5 years. He's not even a coach in the true sense of the word now. He's not coaching or handling players, but really a computer assistant or gofer.

Hopefully Russ Grimm's contract expires next year and the Skins can bring in Grimm as an offensive coordinator and Gibbs can groom him to be the next HC. Williams I think is more suited to be a great DC.

Archived