Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't look now, but unemployment dropped to 5.4%

Zen-like Todd

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

I'm interested to think what your thoughts are behind it. Do you think half the African Americans males in NYC are lazy?

Your statement is so completely offensive it doesn't even deserve a reply. Your inability to conduct a debate using actual logic and knowledge, and instead trying to bait people into mudslinging and racism is completely pathetic.

Your biased racial preferences have been clearly established through your posting history on this board, so the idea of you attempting to cast other people in that light is beneath pathetic.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I created 10 new jobs already in September. Sales are through the roof right now and I am actually having trouble keeping up with demand.

However as far as the gov't is concerned I am also not employed. But right now as I speak I have 5 crews working on homes in the DC area

And another little thing. As I said before every single one of my friends that graduated with me managed to find a job with benifits making between 34k and 58k (depending on major and job)

I simply do not see an economy in peril right now. I see it growing from my observations and expierences

Originally posted by Brooklynskinsfan

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/95540/index.php

A poster on another message board! Wow it must be true if it appeared on a message board.

Now I don't think anyone would say that the unemployment rate for blacks in NYC is equal to that of the rest of the country.

What would you have the President of the United States do about that? Is another social program the answer?

Did you hear in Bush's speech

"In northeast Georgia, Gainesville Elementary School is mostly Hispanic and 90 percent poor and this year 90 percent of its students passed state tests in reading and math. The principal expresses the philosophy of his school this way: "We don't focus on what we can't do at this school; we focus on what we can do -- We do whatever it takes to get kids across the finish line." This principal is challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations, and that is the spirit of our education reform, and the commitment of our country: No dejaremos a ningún niño atrás. We will leave no child behind."

Originally posted by December90

A poster on another message board! Wow it must be true if it appeared on a message board.

Now I don't think anyone would say that the unemployment rate for blacks in NYC is equal to that of the rest of the country.

What would you have the President of the United States do about that? Is another social program the answer?

Did you hear in Bush's speech

"In northeast Georgia, Gainesville Elementary School is mostly Hispanic and 90 percent poor and this year 90 percent of its students passed state tests in reading and math. The principal expresses the philosophy of his school this way: "We don't focus on what we can't do at this school; we focus on what we can do -- We do whatever it takes to get kids across the finish line." This principal is challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations, and that is the spirit of our education reform, and the commitment of our country: No dejaremos a ningún niño atrás. We will leave no child behind."

sorry wrong link http://www.amsterdamnews.org/news/Article/Article.asp?NewsID=39421&sID=4

no i am african american myself i think this is because iner city schools are barely funded and encourage us to drop out

This argument gets really old after a while, but I do agree with you about how public schools encourage a great deal of black Americans to drop out( particularly in the inner city).

no i am african american myself i think this is because iner city schools are barely funded and encourage us to drop out

Should the parent of the kids in those failing schools have access to vouchers so they would have the option of moving to a better (read private) school?

Originally posted by luckydevil

This argument gets really old after a while, but I do agree with you about how public schools encourage a great deal of black Americans to drop out( particularly in the inner city).

how can it get old if its true look at stuyesant high school compared to most other high schools in the city it has a huge budget and even college students go their to use its labs it is a public school but one that has mostly uper middleclass and rich students compared to my high school where we never had a textbook

Originally posted by December90

Should the parent of the kids in those failing schools have access to vouchers so they would have the option of moving to a better (read private) school?

no i think the budgets should be equal depending on how many students the school has instead of sending all students to the couple of good schools they should improve all the schools

The situation of Drop outs is systemic amoung african american as a whole. Look the curiculum that is set favors white americans. I say white because it doesn't include all caucasians. The ciriculum is slanted. The only part of school that is not racially motivated in Math. Everything else in based on Eurpean ideals, and the history as told by Europeans. It's hard for young people to indentify with that. All the things I know about Africa, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Michael Collins, Oscar Schindler, the list goes on I had to learn on my own. Plus we beleive that money is power. Our kids get a little side job, and think they struck the lotto. And alot of kids have babies. Our society give credience to people that get a lot of sex. Kids follow that. They get somebody preganant and thing the "man" thing to do it get a job. Then the job doesn't make them feel like men, and wham they're hustling drugs, or whatever. Knowlegde is power, and until our society echoes that sentiment, kids will drop out.

how can it get old if its true look at stuyesant high school compared to most other high schools in the city it has a huge budget and even college students go their to use its labs it is a public school but one that has mostly uper middleclass and rich students compared to my high school where we never had a textbook

The problem with inner city schools isn't a lack of money, the problem is bureaucracy.

The problem with inner city schools isn't a lack of money, the problem is bureaucracy.

that is part of it but money is important 2 like i said at my highschool in brooklyn we did not have textbooks we did not have a science lab or even any of the tools that would be in one if u go to a school like Stuyvesant then come to my old school u will see the difference how are we sapost to have the same succes when we are givin less to work with

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Hey OY. The job offer still stands.

I hired a young guy last year (Dec 1) and he's been busting his ass. Commission only. He is on pace to make 40k in his first year. That sets him up to make 100 in his 2nd year.

Good thing you've spent the last year b!tching about your lot in life.

Where you broke under Clinton?

social problems in the black comunity are part of it but are not the only thing to blame. are u saying black parents do not push their kids to do well in school?

Yes I am, at least not enough, don't know why but I know that it can improve. It is either that or the kids refuse to listen for some reason.

Archived