Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Garnett a psycho?

Skinned

As great a young player as he is, if this story is accurate, he has major issues.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50496-2004Aug31.html

Wednesday, September 1, 2004; Page D02

NBA most valuable player Kevin Garnett punched a former University of Minnesota player during a pickup game last week at Target Center, cutting the man's face and chipping his tooth.

Garnett punched Rick Rickert, a second-round draft pick of the Timberwolves last season, according to several sources with knowledge of the event. Seven stitches were required to close the cut on Rickert's chin, said Susan Rickert, the player's mother, during a phone interview yesterday.

Garnett's agent and a Timberwolves spokesman declined to comment.

According to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Garnett's attack was unprovoked.

Rickert, 21, scored several times with the 6-foot-11 Garnett guarding him. Several other players began to "tease" Garnett about being outplayed, according to a source. When Rickert scored again, Garnett struck him without warning.

"Rick was surprised that Garnett reacted the way he did," said Rickert's agent, Mark Termini.

In November 2000, Garnett punched teammate Wally Szczerbiak in the head following an argument.

In other NBA news, the Charlotte Bobcats signed former Washington Wizards guard Brevin Knight and the Portland Trail Blazers agreed to terms with forward Darius Miles.

-- Greg Sandoval

Not sure what being rich would have to do with an anger problem, afkidd.

And I've often had occasion where I wanted to punch Rick Rickert in the face. Just say his name out loud, and then look at a picture of him. Can you blame Garnett? He's some big goofy blonde dude with a first name the same as the last.

Show me a man who says that he doesn't want to punch somebody named "Johnny Johnson" or "Pete Peterson" and I'll show you a liar.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

And I've often had occasion where I wanted to punch Rick Rickert in the face. Just say his name out loud, and then look at a picture of him. Can you blame Garnett? He's some big goofy blonde dude with a first name the same as the last.

Show me a man who says that he doesn't want to punch somebody named "Johnny Johnson" or "Pete Peterson" and I'll show you a liar.

:laugh: You've got a point there :laugh:

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Now that's funny! :laugh:

Why did he do it? Isn't it obvious? He has an ego the size of Texas and he got punked on the court. His big bad ego couldn't handle it so he exploded.

The only reason many NBA stars don'e look like the trash they are is because their is so much trash around them. With any other backdrop their inner goon would shine.

Archived