Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Williams denied.. where will he go in draft now?

wiggyman77

mike williams was just denied reinstatement into the ncaa. What kind of predictions does everyone have on where he will go in the first round now that he has to sit out a year?? I personally say he is still a top 5 overall pick but things can change as the year progresses... thoughts?

that's BS that the NCAA Nazis are screwing this kid. I bet he'll go play in canada for a year or something, i don't think he'll not be playing football somewhere this year. Then of course SportsCenter will plaster his highlights all over the TV, ultimately upping his draft value.

can you go the combine twice? did he go to the one this year? I don't remember. If you can do the combine twice, he should be alright, because yeah, the reciever class coming up isn't going to be all that stellar, and he was at the top of this one, one of potentially the best reciever classes in recent history. But i don't think a guy who goes to the combine and then doesn't make it onto a team that year can go to the combine again.

Originally posted by FullbackIsKey

that's BS that the NCAA Nazis are screwing this kid. I bet he'll go play in canada for a year or something, i don't think he'll not be playing football somewhere this year. Then of course SportsCenter will plaster his highlights all over the TV, ultimately upping his draft value.

The NCAA did not screw this kid, his own greed did. He knew the chances, he was told about them and went ahead and not only declared, but got an agent. I dont feel sorry for him at all.

I actually feel bad for him, yes, this was all because of his greed and he should have known better. But he is still just a kid, most kids dont understand consequences. There is no knowing who was giving him advice.

The pressure to leave college early to enter the draft must be tremendous. Its the big paycheck.

I know the NCAA 'screwed' him, but he also screwed himself. Why should they let him back in when he tried to bail after his sophmore year? It was already apparent that he wasn't going to stay more than one year. He wasn't going to graduate, and the NCAA decided that he isn't worth the scolarship.

Archived