Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for NL Hold'em players ...

Henry

... about a hand I was in last night. I've been kicking it around in my head ever since:

The game was NL Hold'em, $25 buy-in, .25¢ and .50¢ blinds. I've got about $33 by this time.

I was in the BB with wired jacks. I get four limpers to me, so I bet $3. Jacks get cracked easily so I was trying to force the draws out right there. Well, everyone folds except the Big Stack. He's got about $55. He's fairly loose/aggressive, but he (obviously) wins more than he loses.

He goes all in.

What do you do?

Guest Duckus

You have to call. You have a top starting hand and the only cards that you can worry about are AA, KK, QQ or AK. I am pretty sure those 4 hands are the only ones that are statistically better/even with your chances. I mean you might loose, but you have the odds in your favor.

I think he wanted to know how many were in at the time... it was just you and the other guy, right?

Anyway, if the guy plays loose but still wins, he's not the kind of guy you mess with when he goes all in. True, you can't play conservative when he's got the big stack, and you eventually have to take him down, but a pair of Jacks isn't the hand to do it with.

Originally posted by Henry

... about a hand I was in last night. I've been kicking it around in my head ever since:

The game was NL Hold'em, $25 buy-in, .25¢ and .50¢ blinds. I've got about $33 by this time.

I was in the BB with wired jacks. I get four limpers to me, so I bet $3. Jacks get cracked easily so I was trying to force the draws out right there. Well, everyone folds except the Big Stack. He's got about $55. He's fairly loose/aggressive, but he (obviously) wins more than he loses.

He goes all in.

What do you do?

Henry can you speak english for us rookies :D

Originally posted by BDBuddy23

If you have a pair of jacks, and there's nothing higher in the flop/the draws don't look too solid, then yea. If there's a king on the board with a few connecter cards, then be afraid.

Ah, but this was pre-flop. Not only that, the guy limped in initially and then went all in over the top of my raise. To me that's the same as a check-raise.

Originally posted by BDBuddy23

the only problem with NL on partypoker, is people play every darn hand..they could have 7-2 off suit and hit something down the line...obnoxious. I like the PL a little better. It seems like there are better players there.

Everyone plays loose with play money. Doesn't matter what site you're on.

Guest Duckus

I still don’t understand why you guys would be scared to call? You have JJ on the pre-flop that is the 4th best hand you can start with. I believe the top ten are

1) AA

2) KK

3) QQ

4) JJ

5) AK suited

6) AQ suited

7) TT

8) AK

9) AJ suited

10) KQ

You have to call no question. He can only have 3 hands that are statically better than you on pre-flop. If you are not going to go one on one with him in that hand, when would you? That is a prefect time to take down the table leader. If you loose, you loose...but it is not a bad call.

Archived