Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs on Younger Coaches?

nace14

i'm not trying to get a head of the season at all, but i'm wondering what people think of gibbs' effect on the other coaches around him. granted the brain trust is back and those guys have always been together, but what about a guy like gregg williams.

here's a guy who has been a great d-cordinator for years, takes a head coaching job and bombs and is now back at d-cordinator (with a fancy name for it). does anyone think that over the next few years that gibbs can rub enough tutelage into williams to be a great head coach? or are there any other coaches that are going to benifit extremely well from the old timers?

This is just my opinion of some of the other coaches interviews and actions. There is a huge respect across the NFL for Joe. As far as Williams goes, yes he will learn from the master but it is not as easy as doing everything the same way Joe did things if he ever took over the job. Remember, Ritchie Petibon? As much as I love the guy, it just didn't work out. Buges was a below average head coach. Some people are just cut out to be the CEO and some are not. I hope part of the plan is for Williams to take the job after JG retires again. That would be stability, but does not necessarily guarantee success. I hope it does.

Just another note as far as the other NFL head coaches. I believe that Joe will motivate them to work harder but at the same time there maybe an intimidation factor as well. Some will want to show Joe that they can beat him, some like Dave Wannesdat was on Saturday will be in awe of the man. He will give some headaches watching film through the week. Parcells and other will definitely take it as a challenge. I heard somewhere that Gruden has been watching old skins tapes.

What I'm hoping is that Gibbs expertise at putting a winning organization together will rub off on the Danny as well as the other coaches. Gibbs is a successful team owner in his own right. He built Joe Gibbs Racing from scratch into one of the premier NASCAR teams, and he knows more than Snyder does about how to run a business that depends on teamwork like an NFL or NASCAR franchise. Joe said (paraphrasing) the key is "Hire good people and let them do their job, giving them help when they ask for it, and leaving them alone if they don't."

I do think Snyder is learning. He's not an old stick-in-the-mud cheapskate like some NFL owners are, and he does want to win.

When bringing up GW's tenure in Buffalo, why does everyone forget that he was forced to operate a team with the biggest jinx of all time in Kevin Gillbride? EVERy team that guy has been a part of fell apart in some way, shape or form because of him.

I am pumped we got Greg, and if and when Gibbs decides to call it quits, hope GW will still be around and promoted accordingly.

Originally posted by afparent

This is just my opinion of some of the other coaches interviews and actions. There is a huge respect across the NFL for Joe. As far as Williams goes, yes he will learn from the master but it is not as easy as doing everything the same way Joe did things if he ever took over the job. Remember, Ritchie Petibon? As much as I love the guy, it just didn't work out. Buges was a below average head coach. Some people are just cut out to be the CEO and some are not. I hope part of the plan is for Williams to take the job after JG retires again. That would be stability, but does not necessarily guarantee success. I hope it does.

Just another note as far as the other NFL head coaches. I believe that Joe will motivate them to work harder but at the same time there maybe an intimidation factor as well. Some will want to show Joe that they can beat him, some like Dave Wannesdat was on Saturday will be in awe of the man. He will give some headaches watching film through the week. Parcells and other will definitely take it as a challenge. I heard somewhere that Gruden has been watching old skins tapes.

Yea, but I think that even Parcells is going to be overwhelmed by Gibbs this time around. Chuckie can watch all the old Skins films all he wants. Gibbs isn't gonna be running the same plays that he was then. Maybe a couple here & there, but not enough for Gruden to catch on to what's going on. I can already see that Chuckie face on the sidelines at the end of the game. Just staring into space as he looks up at the scoreboard that reads: 38-10 as HC Joe Gibbs wins his first game back from retirement.

:bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

Archived