Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxsports: Ogun to Chicago..(8:30 deadline?)

spanishomelette

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

So the Skins could still wind up players in this game yet. :laugh:

Snyder can come up with $11-12 million signing bonus, no sweat. :laugh:

I wonder why the Dolphins put a 7:00 p.m., deadline on the trade? I mean whats with all the urgency? :rolleyes:

So now there is still the potential for more Ogun threads. :wave:

More Ogun threads? :rolleyes: Just trade him already :laugh:

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

I wonder why the Dolphins put a 7:00 p.m., deadline on the trade? I mean whats with all the urgency? :rolleyes:

At 7:01, they can tell the Skins they will accept the Gardner trade so he can be scratched from the game roster tonight.

;)

Originally posted by Zero Cool

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1864611

Can Bears meet Ogunleye's demands?

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

Assuming the conditional swap with the Bears falls through,

It sends a signal to the rest of the NFL, and certainly to potential suitors, that the Dolphins would swap one of their top defenders in order to fill offensive needs

Did you read the above Snyder? Lets get on the telephone with the Fins. :laugh:

Besides, Vinny has Rosenhaus in his hip pocket. Or is it the other way around? :paranoid:

I would give our first to Miami right now. I would give Gardner too, but not much else. We are a team that can make a deal like this happen in a few hours. Most team's can't match us. I'd take Ogunleye in a red second. I'd like to keep Gardner too, but, I could live with that loss :).

Originally posted by Chris 44

Do the fish have more of a pressing need at WR or at RB? Either way we have guys at both positions that could be dangled out there. How about one of each? Thoughts?

I'd give Miami our #1 pick and they can have ONE of the following players: Gardener, Taylor Jacobs that is, Russell, Betts or McCullough :D

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I don't understand why everyone is so ready to send Gardner packing. Gardner has great potential, and I don't think that we should give him up. I def. don't think that we should give a 1st Rd. pick.

I like Gardner and am not exactly ready to send him packing. I have some concerns with sending him packing if Coles has lingering toe issues that slow him this year. But, at receiver we do have some guys behind Gardner who are not bad prospects or players. McCants is a similar player to Gardner and Jacobs is a roughly equal prospect in terms of draft grade.

Along with Thrash you have some proven NFL experience and some potential to possibly keep this position strong. Adding Ogunleye at that price potentially finalizes the team. You then have a guy you can realistically point to on every level of the defense as either one of the better performers or potentially one of the best.

To me, this is a move you jump at if it's available, though, again, I'd prefer to give a first rounder and NOT give up Gardner.

Archived