Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar returning against the Broncos?

Taco John

Man, this is the last offensive line you want a guy with a high ankle sprain returning on.

Our guys have better have their checkbooks handy, because I can see Lavar going down for the season, and having to scratch a $50,000 check to Gene Upshaw (fargin' Raider jerkoff).

Anytime a "team" and it's "coaches" condone the consistant flagrant manipulation of the rules to gain the upper hand, it says a lot about the character of the team.

How disappointing it is to actually show the vunerability and ineptness of the offensive line, by resorting to the lowest form of human behavior. Another page is being written, that the coach "can't" do anything to instill in the minds of these so-called professionals, that the way to beat the crap out of a team is to do it justly.

Leg whipping is a poor illustration of the martial arts!

Just remember what it will be like to be suspended or even thrown out of the league, or even worse- sued for the abrupt ending of a player's career, based on "deliberate intentions to injure a player". Yes it can happen when there is "evidence" of the "willful intent". But enough of the legallese.

The one factor is, that you must be a really sorry a** player to even go down that road.

You guys are history, start packing!

<FONT COLOR="Yellow">HTTR!!!</FONT c> injun.gif

[edited.gif by indyskinsfan on November 14, 2001.]

The only reputation I care about is having a reputation for winning Superbowls. I don't want to see anybody injured, that's for sure. But most of the Broncos so-called illegal blocks are within the guidelines of the rules. I'm not going to get too worked up about it, especially if it gets the defense off their game because they are too busy tip toeing around to avoid an injury.

The point is, with the reputation of the Broncos line, I'd think twice about brining a guy with a high ankle sprain in. If he's within the chop zone, he's going to get chopped. Period. That's just the way the Broncos blocking scheme is (along with a myriad of other teams, but we're the poster boys).

If Lamar goes out for the season, whether the block is legal or not, we'll get fined... But until the rules are changed, don't look for it to stop. And there are just as many people arguing for the rules to stay the same as there are for it to change. The way defenses are today, chop blocking is just a way of life in the NFL.

------------------

Go Broncos!

The Redskins are attempting to develop a team identity in a first year under a new head coach. Arrington has take over a leadership role on the team by coming back quickly from injury and by making game-changing plays on the field.

I don't think the coaching staff right now can keep him off the field if he wants to go.

Ever see coaches successful in keeping aggressive defensive players like an LT or Junior Seau off the field?

For good or bad, that is how these players look at each game, as a war.

To blunt their aggressiveness and sit them out is a luxury Marty doesn't have right now.

He has to win games to keep his job and Arrington is the best player the Redskins have on defense right now.

Ok, now I'm gonna have to go over to the dark side. I say if any of our guys go down due to "crack back" blocks "legal" or otherwise, we send in an eighth string guy activated with one mission in mind. That is to go in with explicit instructions to seek and destroy knee cartilage of anyone deemed resposible for the injury to our guy. If they decide to retaliate in kind, then the process can continue until all of our practice squadders/scrubs are gone or they have no offensive linemen left...whichever comes first. evil.gif

You want Denver to stop the illegal blocks or stop playing dirty? Simple.

When they break the next leg, have a couple of thiers carted off afterward on the stretcher. Maybe not in an obvious fight; but you know there will be pile-ups where someone can be gouged, fingers twisted, or arms, etc. Siragusa got away with it last year. Denver's broken two legs so far this year.

think they will continue to do it to your team after the message is sent?

You might warn them beforehand that what happens to our players will be reciprocated in duplicate to theirs. Then if they do it, fairs fair.

Archived