Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor

Rock 56

He was on the field for one of the TDs but was busy covering his man. It was the corner #22 (Ralph Brown I think) who got messed up and started to go over and double team Taylor's man. Not Sean's fault so rest assured. Anyone else ever have the feeling that they could go out and play better than some of the scrubs that are on the field by the end of the game?

Do you think ST will start against the dolphins or will he stay with the 2nd string?I think he should start because he needs the reps with the 1st team.I`m listening to gibbs press conference and he said they have got to block so CP can run.He said offense was slolppy but they showed heart.He also said the defense looked good.

Originally posted by Rock 56

Do you think ST will start against the dolphins or will he stay with the 2nd string?I think he should start because he needs the reps with the 1st team.

It makes sense to start Taylor next week imho. The miscommunications in the secondary tonight are not something we want to follow us into the season. Its time for Taylor to get familiar with the starters and vice-versa.

Originally posted by SkinsCrunkin

my problem with the secondary is Matt Bowen...please can we put anyone in there except this guy...he is a joke... thats my :2cents:

Your only other choice is Franz imo, Iffy looked absolutely terrible and Lott is a fs. Bowen may not be great but he's still our best bet at his position.

I was at the game and kept my eye on Taylor. I saw a PLAYMAKER! This guy is just sitting back, reading the plays and then making plays. He was basically free to roam and go after the ball. On Franz interception, Rodney Peete looked him off and didn't see Franz. He was too preoccupied with Taylor. If someone gets past the LBs, Taylor will be there to lay wood and/or strip the ball like he did tonight. On the Touchdown they gave up, he took the inside man like he was suppose to and Brown followed him even though Taylor was there so the secondary receiver was there. Once again, if Smoot or Springs is there, they are going to let Taylor take the inside man so they can concentrate on the other guy.

I guess what I am saying is this guy brings a lot to the defense. It won't take long for teams to game plan around him, so you may not hear his number called as much but he is still contributing big time!

Yea, I was also there tonight and keyed on him the whole time he played. I think it's clear that we got a special player in him. I just can't get over how big he his and yet how quickly he can move for his size. All the stupid pre-season hype surrounding him will be yesterday's news when he starts to make plays.

I guess that makes three of us. I couldn't help but watch Taylor roam the secondary. It looked like he was completely comfortable with the defensive scheme and he looked like a veteran. He even tried to pump up the crowd and get some fan involvement. This is definitely one guy we need to keep as a lifetime Skin!

I am not sure why many people are down on Bowen. He had two chances (was in position for) interceptions last night. Sure he didn't catch them and that was unfortunate, but there is a reason why this guy is on defense and not offense.

On Franz interception, Rodney Peete looked him off and didn't see Franz. He was too preoccupied with Taylor.

Actually on that play Taylor made a hard break on the TE and took that option away from Peete. It was amazing how fast he got to him. There is no doubt he was the right choice.

Maybe we should look for a strong saftey,because bowen and co. are not cutting it.I recorded the game today and will watch it later.Does anyone think that ST barring a injury will be talked about as the best in the game by years end?

Originally posted by Rock 56

Maybe we should look for a strong saftey,because bowen and co. are not cutting it.I recorded the game today and will watch it later.Does anyone think that ST barring a injury will be talked about as the best in the game by years end?

Well, I'm still one who believes that Bowen can be a good player at SS, but if he doesn't show something this year I could definetly see the team looking for a new starting SS next offseason. Either way, we'll probably have to pick one up as the depth at SS is pretty weak. As of right now Franz looks to be the backup and Ohalate a goner.

Originally posted by afparent

Hopefully, Taylor can be such a distraction to the opposing teams offense that Bowen or whoever is playing the other safety won't be isolated so much.

My fear is that he is so much a distraction that they don't throw to his side of the field....and then Bowen is put in a lot of situations that aren't to his advantage. It would be nice to have Bailey on one side and Taylor on the other. Then again they would probably still throw to bailey's side b/c its not like he is going to intercept anything.

Archived