Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor

Rock 56

Originally posted by Cope

My fear is that he is so much a distraction that they don't throw to his side of the field....and then Bowen is put in a lot of situations that aren't to his advantage.

Here's the beauty of forcing a team to key in on a FS- he can be anywhere. He can play zone, man up, spy the QB, blitz, etc.

Here's why I am responding to this post- he can simply flip zones w/ Bowen, too. I seriously doubt that GW, as creative as he is, will leave Taylor in the same spot. We will see flipped coverages, and mass confusion. So teams can key in on ST, but he will be used very creatively; after all, that's why we picked him up in the first place.

So Bowen will benefit considerably; keep in mind, he has been playing opposite of Lott. Just wait until they both get back there- it will be a solid secondary.

Originally posted by Rock 56

Because he lays wood and makes plays in practice and thats where it stays,because he dosen`t bring it come gametime.last year and so far this year it`s the same thing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bowen is a good player, after watching allof last seasons game films, Bowen was one of only a couple players actually Gibbs praised by name.

He is starting, and by all accounts Coach Williams is pleased with his play.....

I will trust the knowledge, and opinion of the coaching staff about his play. They know the defenses, they know his responsibilities, and they watch the games and film, and know exactly how to appraise his performance... and again they seem happy with him....

Originally posted by BudMan8

I guess that makes three of us. I couldn't help but watch Taylor roam the secondary. It looked like he was completely comfortable with the defensive scheme and he looked like a veteran. He even tried to pump up the crowd and get some fan involvement. This is definitely one guy we need to keep as a lifetime Skin!

Yea, I figure he'll want to stay a Redskin anyways at least while Gibbs is coaching. One thing Gibbs never had alot of was turnover. Now all we need is a Kenny Houston type strong safety and our secondary will be top notch.

Archived