Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2005

Jay87

yeah i'm enjoying madden a good bit. everyone says presentation edge to ESPN2k5, thats *maybe* true. the ESPN commentary drives me nuts cause theres so little variety and its wrong almost too often. Madden's franchise easily takes the cake.

I traded in my copy of NFL2K5 when I picked up Madden on Tuesday. I like it alot. I liked the presentation on the 2K5 game, but that doesn't beat great game play. Babbages gave me $16 for the trade-in so it was cheaper than renting NFL2K5 and I had for close to a month. I gave it a shot, but Madden is my choice. No knock on those that play NFL2K5, I'm not trying to start another one of those arguements.

Originally posted by w33dh0l3

yeah i'm enjoying madden a good bit. everyone says presentation edge to ESPN2k5, thats *maybe* true. the ESPN commentary drives me nuts cause theres so little variety and its wrong almost too often.

"Tell your line to block here." PAUSE. "Heck, tell your line to block every play, not just here."

In fairness, both commentaries get old. As a long-time madden player, I'm finding myself pick up ESPN to actually play a game and ncaa/madden when I want to sim/recruit/draft/manage.

Originally posted by JoeSkins

I hate the new engine for Madden. The OL splits are too thin which makes running up the middle unrealistic, and it just looks worse than last year during both gameplay and playcalling. But I do own it, so I guess that says something too.

I am getting great runns up the middle when I play, maybe because the skins middle is the worse part of thair line? How ever i do get better runns off tackle with CP?

Madden 2005 is a great game, I am another person who traded NFL 2k5 for madden, just felt the madden game play was better, and I was right.

2K5 is nice. I'm going to play Madden for the first time 2night. The thing I like about 2k5 is the presentation and the defense. You can put the thing on legand level and actually end up with real scores. madden 04 on highest level, I'm beating cpu like 70-35.

I will have to check the new madden out. You can't beat the 20$ for 2k5 though. The first person football is absolutely sick. Best feature in a football franchise in years.

I have been playing this game heavily the last two days, and I'm loving it. The animations are fantastic! I love when the players will plead with the officials that he didn't make the first down :cool:

I'm ready to start my franchise. I wonder who will win the starting job at qb?

Where is jbooma? I have to tell him that even though I like the overall play better on Madden, I like the Washington Redskins MUCH better on ESPN NFL 2K5.

Madden's "Gibbs" playbook does NOT remind me of a Joe Gibbs offense at ALL. ESPN installed a kick-a$$ version of what a Joe Gibbs playbook might look like.

Also, Sean Taylor is ALOT more effective in 2K5.

Originally posted by Parlett316 TBanks fan lol

The linemen don't block effectively in Madden. And the CPU cheats with it's speed.

I had a problem with my run blocking with the Skins, but then I started to do some replays to see what was exactly happening. I saw that Dockery blows in the game, so I picked up a 82ovr free agent LG, and now I can successfully run towards the left side.

Plus, U have to know which running plays to run against which defenses.

If you use the Skins in Madden 2005 run portis on the I cutback and single back cutback. Then use vision to pick your hole. I average 5+ yards per cary on those plays. Just watch for a blitzing corner or nickle back.

Originally posted by Chachie

Where is jbooma? I have to tell him that even though I like the overall play better on Madden, I like the Washington Redskins MUCH better on ESPN NFL 2K5.

Madden's "Gibbs" playbook does NOT remind me of a Joe Gibbs offense at ALL. ESPN installed a kick-a$$ version of what a Joe Gibbs playbook might look like.

Also, Sean Taylor is ALOT more effective in 2K5.

As much as I'm lovin Madden, I gotta agree with you there. I may have to build my own playbook

Originally posted by DSF

Anybody get the Collectors edition of Madden 2005?

Does the game play change at all?

I picked up the Collectors edition. The only differences are that you have three playable versions of old Madden games. They don't give you the year, they're just called classic, retro, and vintage. There also is a trivia game that I haven't tried out yet. It was only $10 more so it's not a huge difference.

Archived