Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2005

Jay87

Originally posted by Chachie

Madden's "Gibbs" playbook does NOT remind me of a Joe Gibbs offense at ALL. ESPN installed a kick-a$$ version of what a Joe Gibbs playbook might look like.

Also, Sean Taylor is ALOT more effective in 2K5.

most of the plays in the skins playbook were in madden 2004 as well for the skins.

I have been playing on all madden. At first I thought running up the middle (and sometimes off tackle and to the outside) was impossible. Then I realized what I was doing wrong. You cant jam on speed burst as soon as you get the handoff. This encourages the lineman to release their blocks to try to move upfield. You have to press the cover ball button until you cross the line and hit the hole. Then search for some room, THEN sprint for daylight. It works well, but not all the time. So I am getting realisitic stats for RBs (4.0 ypd at least)

I havnt started a franchise until i perfect the sliders to get realistic stats..

But i had the best play against the Colts the other day.

I send my three receivers deep. Gardner Goes on a fly down the sideline, while Coles and McCants run Cris-crossing Posts down the seam. The defense is in a cover 3 I think. As both McCants and Coles make their cuts, I (Brunell) pump fake. The pump fake WORKS in this game! The Dbacks totally bit on it and cleared out center field with a huge hole that Coles ran into and caught the pass just as he enters the endzone for the TD.

It was a thing of beauty.

Archived