Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My first Draft of the year....

Well I just completed my first draft of the fantasy year, and was hoping that y'all would give me some feedback on how I did. I realize I went kinda heavy on our players, but I think I can make it work. Any feedback would be most appreciated from those that have alot of experience.

Starters

QB Mark Brunell

RB Edgerrin James

RB Marshall Faulk

WR Lavernaues Coles

WR Donald Driver

WR Anquan Boldin

TE Bubba Franks

K John Hall

DEF Washington

Bench

QB Brett Favre

QB Patrick Ramsey

RB Curtis Martin

WR Joey Galloway

K John Carney

DEF Cincinnati

Now, I realize that I only have 1 TE listed. I did this since this is such a minimal points position. If need be I can release Carney in week 8 as our bye is in week 7 and pick up a TE from waivers to supplant Franks' bye week in week 9.

Also I've recieved a trade request already...(1 hr after draft) for Larry Fitzgerald and Plexiglass for Anquan Boldin. I don't want to accept it due to the fact that Fitzgerald is an unproven rookie, and would lose out on a somewhat proven second year player in Boldin as well as they play for the same team. Also I don't think Burress will have a good year this year as he did 2 years ago.

Just let me know what y'all think.

Pretty Nice. I'll post my yahoo team.

QB - Brett Favre

QB bench- Brad Johnson

RB - Ladanian Tomlinson

RB - Dominick Davis

RB bench - Duce Staley

WR - Joe Horn

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Peerless Price

WR bench - Keyshawn Johnson

WR bench - Brandon Lloyd

TE - Antonio Gates

K -Matt Stover

K bench - Olindo Mare

DEF - Baltimore

DEF bench - Seattle

For the first week I only have one controversial start and that is with the WR's.

What 3 should I start?

1. Joe Horn vs. the Seahawks

2. Andre Johnson vs. the Chargers

3. Peerless Pricvs. the 49ers

4. Keyshawn Johnson vs. the Vikings

5. Brandon Lloyd vs. the Falcons

Any suggestions

My team:

QB - Mark Brunell ~ Washington

RB - Clinton Portis ~ Washington

RB - Thomas Jones ~ Chicago

WR - Laveraneus Coles ~ Washington

WR - Steve Smith ~ Carolina

WR - Marty Booker ~ Chicago

TE - Randy McMichael ~ Miami

K - John Kasay ~ Carolina

DEF - Washington

Bench:

QB - Matt Hasselbeck ~ Seattle

QB - Tommy Maddox ~ Pittsburgh

RB - Kevin Barlow ~ San Fransisco

WR - Rod Gardner ~ Washington

WR - Joey Galloway ~ Tampa Bay

WR - Daunte Hall ~ Kansas City

Originally posted by Fred21Smoot

For the first week I only have one controversial start and that is with the WR's.

What 3 should I start?

1. Joe Horn vs. the Seahawks

2. Andre Johnson vs. the Chargers

3. Peerless Pricvs. the 49ers

4. Keyshawn Johnson vs. the Vikings

5. Brandon Lloyd vs. the Falcons

Any suggestions

I would start Peerless vs. 9'ers

HAIL

:notworthy

One of mine:

QB - Michael Vick

Bench - Brunell

RB - Portis!!

- Brian Westbrook :eaglesuck

Bench - Thomas Jones (may change)

WR - Marvin Harrison

- Andre Johnson

- Keenan McCardell

Bench - Javon Walker

- Andre Davis

TE - Alge Crumpler

Bench - Jim Kleinsasser

Kicker - Josh Brown :whoknows:

Defense - Baltimore

Bench - Washington

you guys that are starting Brunell over Favre and Hasselbeck are nuts. have you ever played fantasy football before?

and Fred21Smoot, you must be drafting with a bunch of retards. no way you should have LT and DDavis in the same starting lineup... especially if you get 1 point per reception.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

and Fred21Smoot, you must be drafting with a bunch of retards. no way you should have LT and DDavis in the same starting lineup... especially if you get 1 point per reception.

The funny thing is that out of 10 teams, only one other manager was present during the draft, and also they hadn't pre-ranked their players so him and I had free reign over who we chose. Both of us ended up with very decent squads. :cheers: I just hope that there absence in the draft doesn't reflect their dedication to fantasy football in the regular season. I would win, but It wouldnt be competitive or fun at all.

Guest GIBBSisGOD

if you think his team is sick with LT and DDavis listen to this:

QB-Trent Green, Carson Palmer

RB-LT, DDavis, Marshall Faulk

WR-Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Lavarnues Coles, Amani Toomer

TE-Randy McMichael, Jason Witten

K-Edinger

Def-Carolina, Washington

how bout that draft ....

Originally posted by GIBBSisGOD

if you think his team is sick with LT and DDavis listen to this:

QB-Trent Green, Carson Palmer

RB-LT, DDavis, Marshall Faulk

WR-Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Lavarnues Coles, Amani Toomer

TE-Randy McMichael, Jason Witten

K-Edinger

Def-Carolina, Washington

how bout that draft ....

Its ok for a 4 team league. You should see the team I drafted against the local 1st grad class!!!!

you guys wanna see a team I'm REALLY excited about? This is my dynasty team (for those that don't know, that means i can keep every player as long as i wish. I think this team could compete for a playoff bye for the next 5-10 years:)

Starters:

Brooks

Portis

McAllister

Barlow

Coles

Rogers

Walker

B.Miller (hope to upgrade my TE with the draft)

Carney

Skins D (or Dolphins)

Originally posted by SlobberknockerSkinsFan

Well I just completed my first draft of the fantasy year, and was hoping that y'all would give me some feedback on how I did. I realize I went kinda heavy on our players, but I think I can make it work. Any feedback would be most appreciated from those that have alot of experience.

Starters

QB Mark Brunell

RB Edgerrin James

RB Marshall Faulk

WR Lavernaues Coles

WR Donald Driver

WR Anquan Boldin

TE Bubba Franks

K John Hall

DEF Washington

Bench

QB Brett Favre

QB Patrick Ramsey

RB Curtis Martin

WR Joey Galloway

K John Carney

DEF Cincinnati

Now, I realize that I only have 1 TE listed. I did this since this is such a minimal points position. If need be I can release Carney in week 8 as our bye is in week 7 and pick up a TE from waivers to supplant Franks' bye week in week 9.

Also I've recieved a trade request already...(1 hr after draft) for Larry Fitzgerald and Plexiglass for Anquan Boldin. I don't want to accept it due to the fact that Fitzgerald is an unproven rookie, and would lose out on a somewhat proven second year player in Boldin as well as they play for the same team. Also I don't think Burress will have a good year this year as he did 2 years ago.

Just let me know what y'all think.

Looks like your thread got hijacked. I would like to know how many teams are in the league with you(i'll assume its the standard 12), but here's my analysis of your squad:

QB's - Solid. Not great, but effective. Nice handcuff of Ramsey and Brunnell. Once the job is Ramsey's you can drop Mark to pick up someone else. Farve never missses a game and just led the league in TDs.

RBs - Shaky. Boom or bust. C-Mart is done as a fantasy contributer. You need some more depth behind your injury prone starters. I'd try to get Stephen Jackson if he is available. You don't need 2 kickers or two D's unitl the bye week comes up. I'd drop the two backups for RB depth.

WRs - Decent squad. All have question marks. Coles' toe. is Boldin a one year wonder? Was Driver a one year wonder? It is looking like Walker is going to surpass Driver for the the top WR spot in GB. If you got Driver late in the draft its a good risk. Boldin scares me a little. Not sure what he come put up with Fitz on the other side. I would seriously consider that trade offer. Plax is in a contract year and has every reason to show up. Its not a no-brainer by any means, but the trade is worth a lot of considering. Joey Galloway is your only backup WR is a little scary.

TE - Great move only drafting one. Like you said, you don't need a second until Franks is on a bye. Personally, I don't like Franks. He got thrown to less and less as the year went on. He's a TE though so who knows?

D - I always take a gamble on the Skins D too. Hopefully this year it will pay off. If not, there are always Ds that come out of nowhere to produce fantasy wise. Keep your eyes open for them. Like I said earlier, You don't need two. Waste of a roster spot. Use your TE logic here.

K - Need to drop one here. Its a coin flip.

Overall: If your RBs stay healthy and perform well you are in the hunt. If not, look out. If this is less than a 12 team league I'd say you are in trouble.

Originally posted by cscmtp

you guys wanna see a team I'm REALLY excited about? This is my dynasty team (for those that don't know, that means i can keep every player as long as i wish. I think this team could compete for a playoff bye for the next 5-10 years:)

Starters:

Brooks

Portis

McAllister

Barlow

Coles

Rogers

Walker

B.Miller (hope to upgrade my TE with the draft)

Carney

Skins D (or Dolphins)

I'd try to trade Portis, Walker, and some picks for A better WR like Holt, and some RBs like Davis and Brown. Try and get a young QB in there too like Carr. That would make you unstoppable!!!:jk:

Originally posted by Sebowski

Looks like your thread got hijacked. I would like to know how many teams are in the league with you(i'll assume its the standard 12), but here's my analysis of your squad:

QB's - Solid. Not great, but effective. Nice handcuff of Ramsey and Brunnell. Once the job is Ramsey's you can drop Mark to pick up someone else. Farve never missses a game and just led the league in TDs.

RBs - Shaky. Boom or bust. C-Mart is done as a fantasy contributer. You need some more depth behind your injury prone starters. I'd try to get Stephen Jackson if he is available. You don't need 2 kickers or two D's unitl the bye week comes up. I'd drop the two backups for RB depth.

WRs - Decent squad. All have question marks. Coles' toe. is Boldin a one year wonder? Was Driver a one year wonder? It is looking like Walker is going to surpass Driver for the the top WR spot in GB. If you got Driver late in the draft its a good risk. Boldin scares me a little. Not sure what he come put up with Fitz on the other side. I would seriously consider that trade offer. Plax is in a contract year and has every reason to show up. Its not a no-brainer by any means, but the trade is worth a lot of considering. Joey Galloway is your only backup WR is a little scary.

TE - Great move only drafting one. Like you said, you don't need a second until Franks is on a bye. Personally, I don't like Franks. He got thrown to less and less as the year went on. He's a TE though so who knows?

D - I always take a gamble on the Skins D too. Hopefully this year it will pay off. If not, there are always Ds that come out of nowhere to produce fantasy wise. Keep your eyes open for them. Like I said earlier, You don't need two. Waste of a roster spot. Use your TE logic here.

K - Need to drop one here. Its a coin flip.

Overall: If your RBs stay healthy and perform well you are in the hunt. If not, look out. If this is less than a 12 team league I'd say you are in trouble.

Thanks for the tips 'Ski..... yes it's a 12 team league, so I thought I did pretty well considering I was drafting.

HAIL

:notworthy

Archived